I installed updated 1password on my PC today. Now it ca't access my vault.

PC is Win8.1. Also have app on my IOS devices. They seem to be working. Have had the app on my PC and it worked fine until I installed the update.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't access vault

Comments

• Hi @dander88,

Can you clarify what is happening as soon as you open the main program? It prompts an error saying it cannot find your vault or is it showing you the welcome tour with three options?

• danders88
    danders88
    Community Member

It gives me the welcome to 1password screen.
    I select I have used 1Pasword before then asks me to sect a vault.
    I had been using Dropbox but it doesn't find a vault there.
    I switched my IOS devices to use iCloud which is working on those but not on my Windows PC.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danders88: If you only have your vault in iCloud now, 1Password for Windows will not be able to access it. iCloud Sync is limited to apps purchased through Apple's App Stores.

Otherwise, if you do have your vault in Dropbox still (which...it sounds like you may have two separate vaults then) but 1Password isn't able to find it for some reason, just click "I have used 1Password before" and open the vault manually:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• danders88
    danders88
    Community Member

I have tried that but it can't find the vault in Dropbox.
    Thanks, Dan A.

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @dander88,

Before we proceed with anything, please back up your 1Password data on the iOS device first with this guide.

When you switched to iCloud on your iOS device, did you disable the sync to Dropbox and also told 1Password to delete the data in the Dropbox folder?

If yes, that would explain why there isn't a copy left in your Dropbox folder. If not, please open Windows File Explorer, go to your Dropbox folder and search for any folder that ends in .opvault or .agilekeychain.

As Brenty mentioned, you would need to switch back to Dropbox to use 1Password on your PC as you can only use Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync between iOS and Windows platforms.

• rezalican
    rezalican
    Community Member

hi there, I still wasnt able to access it.
    We are trying a different approach. It is now asking me for an account key. where can i find that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rezalican: Did you perhaps mean to comment in a different discussion? It sounds like you're referring to 1Password for Teams (Account Key) instead of 1Password for Windows. Please let me know! :dizzy:

This discussion has been closed.