Southwest airlines login problem

Options

Hi,

I have my username and password stored for southwest airlines with the proper URL for their front page. When I try to use 1password to log in, either directly from 1password or from the 1password button in the browser I get the following error: "The Username/Account Number and/or Password are incorrect." If I copy and paste the information out of 1password then I can log in fine, so clearly the information is not at fault.

This happens on Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

I'm running OS X 10.9.1, 1password 4.1.3, Firefox 26.0, Safari 7.0.1, and Chrome 32.0.1700.77 all with the latest 1password extension.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Sometimes if you save a new login manually for the site it sorts problems like this.

Stephen

• phammann
    phammann
    Community Member
    Options

Saving a new login solved the problem when I'm on the website login page and use the browser's 1password extension. However, it still does not work directly from 1password. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @phammann,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! It looks like this is a bit of a tricky website: it tells us that it is finished loading, but then loads the 'username or account number' and 'password' text afterwards. This means that 1Password tries to fill your data, and then the standard text is loaded into the field, writing over what 1Password has filled.

I've passed this issue along to our form-filling team, but for now, you may have to hit ⌘\ after the page loads to fill and submit your information. I do apologize for the inconvenience here!

• dstyner
    dstyner
    Community Member
    Options

Has this been fixed yet? I just started using 1Password and the first site I tried I ran into this problem with Southwest. The strange thing is that I have a separate login with them for my daughter and hers works every time. I hope this will be addressed soon as this is a site I use often.

Thanks,

Darrell

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Darrell ( @dstyner ),

Have you tried saving a new Login manually for the Southwest Airlines site to replace your non-working item? The article mentions:

Saving a new Login like this can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page. Login pages can change as websites are updated, and this can be a very helpful tip in those cases.

If that doesn't help, please let us know which web browser and versions of the 1Password application and browser extension you're using.

As to why the item for your daughter is working, maybe it was created when the site and/or 1Password versions differed from when yours was created.

• Pasta86
    Pasta86
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Saving a new login manually didn't help (that has helped me in other cases), and neither did ⌘\ (command-backslash). I'm using Firefox 31.0 on an iMac and 1Password 4.4.1. Any help would be much appreciated!

• Hi @Pasta86‌,

I just tried my own Southwest login (which was manually saved a while ago), and it worked fine in Chrome and Safari, but failed on Firefox. I'll let the developers know that there is an issue with Firefox. For now, a workaround for Southwest would be to use Chrome or Safari.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pasta86,

If you fill twice with 1Password using Firefox on the main http://www.southwest.com page, or once on the https://www.southwest.com/account page, does that work any better for you?

• PastorMike
    PastorMike
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I have attempted to Login on SW Air but when I get to that screen nothing is filled in the boxes (Password or Username). Please Advise. I see this happening in other accounts such as Capital One Credit Card.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As you're adding to quite an old (although relevant) thread it might be helpful to confirm for us:

1. what version of 1P you are using;
    2. what version of OS X you are using;
    3. which browser you are using and the version number of the 1P extension in the browser.

That information may help someone to help you.

Stephen

• PastorMike
    PastorMike
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1. 5.0.2 1Password 5
    2. Yosemite 10.10.1
    3. Safari 8.0.2 - 4.2.5

Thank You Stephen.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you do have other logins that work (i.e. not all of them are failing) just try re-creating and saving one of the troublesome logins manually. The page to which I've linked includes the following:

Saving a new Login manually can be helpful for fixing Logins that are problematic or that were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page and start from a clean slate.

That's why the procedure might help. If it doesn't or if the problem extends to all of your login items, please post again.

Stephen

• @PastorMike‌ It looks like Southwest recently changed their website to a popover style login form that our script is somehow dismissing before it can fill. This change must have been in the past couple weeks, because it didn't look like this when I used it a few weeks ago to book a flight. :smile:

I'll have our developers look into the new login here. For now, it looks like the old login form style can be reached at https://www.southwest.com/login.

• Paragon
    Paragon
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? Also, https://www.southwest.com/login now gives a 404 error.

• chrisdj
    Options

@Paragon I don't have any updates here at this time. That said, I still personally use https://www.southwest.com/login as it has a login form on the right side, despite the stylish 404 image on the left.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This page might also work, but you'll have to give up the stylish 404 image. :)

https://www.southwest.com/flight/login

• squatch
    squatch
    Community Member
    Options

Still seeing this.

1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
    1Password Chrome extension 4.4.3.90 (Also tried 1Password Chrome extension beta 4.5.0.2.)
    Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 (64-bit)
    OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @squatch,

Still seeing this.

Can you give us more details about what "this" is that you're still seeing? :)

If you open the https://www.southwest.com/flight/login page in Chrome and manually save a new Login item from there, does 1Password work properly for you with that new item?

Thanks in advance for trying that and any additional information!

• squatch
    squatch
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk - sorry, let me clarify. I was referring to what I think PastorMike and chrisdj were talking about with the popover not working.

1) Go to southwest.com
    2) Click Log In
    3) Right click in the username field
    4) Click 1Password
    5) It pops up a context menu with southwest.com at the top; click southwest.com.
    6) Normally at this point, the fields would be filled and it would proceed to log in. Instead, the popover disappears and nothing happens.

On the popover, even manually logging in and pressing Enter doesn't work if the 1Password extension is enabled. I have to actually click the button for it to work; otherwise, just pressing Enter, the popover disappears and nothing happens. If I disable the 1Password extension, pressing Enter works properly and logs me in.

I have used https://www.southwest.com/flight/login to save a new login item so at least Command-\ works if I start with a new tab, but Command-\ doesn't work if I start from southwest.com/ or use the steps above (which is how I naturally work).

I'm able to get by with the workaround, but it'd be nice to fix so I'm not stumbling over it several times a year.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @squatch,

Thanks for confirming that Southwest's popover style login form and 1Password are still not cooperating with each other, and also this related bug:

On the popover, even manually logging in and pressing Enter doesn't work if the 1Password extension is enabled. I have to actually click the button for it to work; otherwise, just pressing Enter, the popover disappears and nothing happens. If I disable the 1Password extension, pressing Enter works properly and logs me in.

Same thing is happening for me in any browser with the 1Password extension enabled.

I have used https://www.southwest.com/flight/login to save a new login item so at least Command-\ works if I start with a new tab, but Command-\ doesn't work if I start from southwest.com/ or use the steps above (which is how I naturally work).

Have you tried opening 1Password mini first, then selecting your new Login item for Southwest to open and fill the alternate page/form?

Another possibility is using a 1Click Bookmark to open and fill. Here's one added to Chrome's Bookmarks Bar by dragging a sample Login item for Southwest there:

I'm suggesting methods like these for convenience and to help reduce the number of steps you've been using, not intending to imply it be necessary to adjust how you naturally work. Knowing how something can be done more efficiently doesn't always mean there's a willingness to trade existing comfort for it. :)

I'm able to get by with the workaround, but it'd be nice to fix so I'm not stumbling over it several times a year.

I'm glad the workaround can help you until we get this fixed. I've added notes from your post to the bug reports we have filed and nudged our developers about it. Thanks again for bringing this up and sorry for the inconvenience!

ref: OPX-904, OPX-935

• The_Richeys
    The_Richeys
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the workaround in the meantime - although I don't often remember to do this. Any updates on this issue?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @The_Richeys,

We haven't forgotten about it but there is no update to report at the moment. It's been all sorts of crazy busy with the beta of Teams being made public but we're slowly getting back to bit more of a routine. There are plenty of things to address so I can't comment on any sort of ETA I'm afraid.

My normal routine in cases like this is to comment after playing about with the site but the issue here is it seems to require a valid account to reach the point of failure and they want stuff like the last four digits of a social security number (I think). There's a small amount of water between where I'm based and the US though so this might be one of those sites where I have to defer to others.

This discussion has been closed.