Android Support

Can somebody comment on when and what support will be given to the Android platform? I've recently moved to an Android phone and unfortunately there is no current way to view my 1Password data on my phone.

This is the remaining factor in my purchasing decision so I'm hopeful there is some good news here.

Thanks
cubs29

Comments

• Alex Knight
    Alex Knight
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I haven't seen/heard anyone mentioning interest in developing an Android version. Would be interesting though and a nice addition since that platform is taking off fairly quickly.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, cubs29. Currently our mobile development focus is on the iPhone OS. Given our druthers, we'd support every popular platform out there. Unfortunately we haven't the resources to do that. This doesn't mean we're shutting the door on other mobile platforms, but to keep everyone's expectations realistic, it does mean that the iPhone OS is where active development is currently taking place.
  • cubs29
    edited December 1969
    I understand if a stand-alone app isn't forthcoming, but what about the secure HTML option? Or perhaps some way to view your 1Password data online via any mobile web browser? I tried exporting secure HTML from 1Password 3.0, but it isn't viewable within the Android browser.

Any possibility of at least that type of functionality? I'm not looking for a true application that I can add records via my phone (although that would be awesome). I just want to be able to have something on my phone that I can view in case I forget a password.

Thanks
    cubs29
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I don't have a timeframe for you, but we certainly hope to provide some such solution in the future.
  • kalex
    edited December 1969
    +1 for Android support if not fully sync at least to view my logins.

As a little side note: I love using 1password on my mac and even on my windows boxes via dropbox sync. Love how it works on the mac and also had it installed on my data only iphone and it worked great. I switched to android Hero phone and have no intentions of going back to iphone on ATT or verizon if they get it.

So far its pretty interesting to see Iphone juggernaut at work. A lot of developers jumped on iphone bandwagon and tend to ignore other platforms. I have seen it with iliumsoft's ewallet as well. To all the developers out there don't ignore Android as with Google behind it, I have a feeling that it will overtake iphone/apple in not too long future. Of course we can't tell developers what to do and what not to do but please don't ignore Google. I have a feeling that those who ignore it for too long will be left behind with their Apple/Iphone support :)

Android is a great platform and has a lot of going for it.
  • kae
    kae
    edited December 1969
    I too am getting really tired of AT&T. I love my iPhone, but I really don't like AT&T service at all. I'm seriously considering the HTC Droid Eris. I've been trying to hold out for the iPhone on Verizon, but my hair is growing grey waiting for that to happen.

You have a great product, I hope you can open it up to more platforms.
  • dfran1
    dfran1
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    +1 for Android Support!!!!!

PLEASE
    Please reconsider.

Your product is awesome and it would be profitable for you to come out with it soon to beat any competition, the android OS is going to bloom very quickly, it is the only other option to an iPhone (Apple makes the best products today, but I could not wait for an iPhone on verizon, like many others), windows mobile and Blackberry's just suck (I have owned both).

Please Reconsider, that would be awesome for both of us.
    Thank you for an awesome product (clap)
  • dcampfin
    dcampfin
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Another voice to have 1Password for my Droid - traveling I cursed again that no way to retrieve my 1PW info. Please folks!
  • kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I’ll add a vote for Android as I will never use iPhone while on Att
  • McFly
    McFly
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just want to add one more vote for Android support by 1Password.
  • The Big V
    edited December 1969
    Another +1 for android -- even if it is read-only one-way sync.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    The Big V wrote:
    Another +1 for android -- even if it is read-only one-way sync.

This is possible today. You can click File > Export All/Selected > Encrypted Web Page, save the file to your Dropbox folder, and use your phone's web browser to view it.
  • bdolman
    edited December 1969
    I was about to finally upgrade from 1Password 2 to version 3 and decided to see if Android support was available or coming. Since it's not even on the roadmap (you do realize that Android devices outsold iPhones last quarter, right?) I will be holding off and looking for an alternative password management solution. Sorry guys, wish you would reconsider your priorities on this one!
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, bdolman. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. We understand how important this is to some of our customers and are sorry that we are not able to offer you a full-fledged Android application at this time.
  • DougKingston
    edited December 1969
    Just adding another voice to the chorus of request for Android support. 1Password is a great product but iPhone is not an option for me. Android sales volume should now support a native 1Password client.

-Doug-
  • daverph
    edited December 1969
    Since agile is focused on the iphone, does anyone have any android app recommendations to use on the mac that will sync with android? Putting an html file in my dropbox and having 1 way read only access to my passwords is not good enough.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Doug and daverph!
This discussion has been closed.