I've bought a new iMac. How do I transfer my subscription from my PC?

Dennis_Denny
Dennis_Denny
Community Member

I've had 1 Password for a while now on my Windows PC. I've bought a new iMac and need to transfer my 1 Password to it. Is there a procedure I need to follow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've bought a new iMac. How do I transfer my subscription from my PC?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@Dennis_Denny - Maybe the first thing to mention is that licenses for 1Password are sold separately per individual and per platform. The "per platform" part means that you will need to buy a new license for your new iMac in order to use the data that you have on your Windows box. You can get a discounted price from the AgileBits web store that would make you total outlay equal to the price of the Mac-Windows bundle by entering the license key for your Windows license on this page.

Since you have been using the Windows version, I assume that iCloud syncing hasn't been an issue for your, since iCloud isn't available to Windows users. But if you want to use iCloud for syncing your 1Passwrod data, you will need to buy your license from the Mac App Store - the AgileBits version doesn't currently have access to iCloud. If this is important for you, there won't be a discount for the Mac license. There is no way to bundle in the App Stores, and Apple doesn't permit discounted pricing for previous licensees.

The easiest way for you to transfer the data would be to set up Dropbox syncing on the Windows machine and then wiat for a few minutes for syncing to complete. Then, start the new Mac application. You will be asked if you are a new or previous user. Answer that you have used it before, and follow the prompts to point to your Dropbox account. The Dropbox application does need to be installed on your Mac.

Is this helpful? I am not entirely sure that I have understood you correctly, so please post back if you have other questions or need some clarification.

• Hey @Dennis_Denny! Just wanted to check in on things. Was hawkmoth's in-depth post able to help out? His mention of the bundle from our website is what just might fit your situation, so long as you don't need the Mac App Store version. :) Let us know what works best!

• Dennis_Denny
    Dennis_Denny
    Community Member

I had to use the Mac Store Version and I am up and going.

• @Dennis_Denny Wonderful! :) We're here if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.