Import 3.7.2 to 6.1.2 will not work.

ladygwen
ladygwen
Community Member

I tried to import the passwords from 3.7.2 but it goes in an endless loop which results in no data transfer.

I did a manual backup to my desktop so I have the file there.

I tried using DropBox but I cannot connect 3.7.2 to dropbox any longer.

I tried using the advice for 3.7.1 with iTunes by loading the backup file (renamed, as instructed), syncing my phone, etc, but the data still did not load. It did say "unlock?" and then I clicked Unlock but nothing happened.

Is there any option left besides hand entering all of my passwords?

/frustrated.

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios, ug:ios/new-user

Comments

• Hi @ladygwen,

Sorry for the frustration. We are aware of a bug where the "Unlock?" prompt does not contain a spot to type your 1Password 3 for iOS Master Password, but should. Typing the Master Password (for v3) before hitting unlock is necessary, even though there is no field for what you've typed to appear in (it'll still register).

Please give that a try.

Ben

• ladygwen
    ladygwen
    Community Member

Unfortunately the user accidentally hit the "Do not ask me again" option. Is there a way to undo this? :-\

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

@ladygwen: D'oh! I think we can all relate, one way or another...

Here's what to do:

1. Make a few backups of your 1Password data by following the instructions in our "Backing up and restoring data in 1Password 3 for iOS" guide. You'll want to follow the instructions for Backing up only. If you do iTunes backups of your whole iPhone, I'd suggest doing that as well at this point.

1Password 3 backup (iOS)

Save these files in a safe location, as we will need them to restore your data.

2. On your iPhone, go into the "Purchased" section of the App Store (it's at the top of the "Updates" screen) and verify that you see 1Password 3 there. If you don't see it there, DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE NEXT STEPS. Let me know if it's not there. Otherwise, move on to step 3.

3. Now, remove 1Password 3 from your iPhone, and reinstall it from the "Purchased" section of the App Store. This should give you version 3.7.2 of 1Password.

4. Follow the instructions on the above link to restore the backup we created in step 1.

5. Launch 1Password 6 for iOS and choose the "Sync existing Vault" > "Import from Version 3" option.

You can then migrate your data normally. I hope this helps. please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.