search - Option in all versions

Options

Is there any posibility to search on two or more indepentent "words", like google, itunes or (all) other famous company?
(mostly one word is not specific enought....) try in iTunes once "love..."

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win, iOS9
Sync Type: Search
Referrer: kb-search:search, kb:search-all-content

Comments

• Hi @GWeberhammer,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please elaborate? Are you asking because you are having difficulty entering multiple search terms? I just searched my 1Password vault for "Gmail ben" and it returned the result I expected.

Please let me know.

Ben

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Thx for the fast response, I use 1password on iPhone and Win PC, I just check it on the iPhone. You are right!, but on PC / Win?
    Last time, it was not possible, I will check it tonight!
    Tank you

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Re

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Now I check the Win-Version 4.6.0.586 on PC Win10
    In this Version it is NOT possible to serach mit multiple terms like:
    "Credit" "Gerh"
    btw: the Result is different in comparision to the iOS Version
    Gerhard

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GWeberhammer: I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying not able to search for more than a single word in 1Password for Windows? Can you give an example? Perhaps a screenshot will help. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance! :)

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

This is the "result" of two terms: NOTHING

• Ben
    Options

Hi @GWeberhammer

Since we've moved on from iOS to Windows I've moved this thread over there so more folks using Windows can get eyes on it.

I just did some playing around with this, and while the Windows application does certainly have a different methodology regarding search, I wonder if perhaps this setting will help:
    Left click on the magnifying glass next to the search box, and select 'Search All Fields' (if it is not already selected)

Please let me know if that helps.

Ben

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

THX, but it didn't help!
    (of course, I say this option already)
    This is a really important function for me because of my "structured" entries I need at least two search terms.
    ----> e.g. "name" "topic"
    Gerhard

• MikeT
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @GWeberhammer,

Unfortunately, that is not possible at the moment for the Windows version. We do precise matching, so "structured entries" will return items with these two terms but not items that contain these two separate terms in different places in the same field.

We do plan to improve our search feature in the future and I'll add this request to our list to make sure we can include this support.

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

How about the "improving search-feature" in the windows-Version?
    I use very often the windows-version for editing and so on, but to search different entity in comparision to iOS is a real hassle!

• Hi @GWeberhammer,

That's what I was referring to in the second paragraph in my last post, we do plan to improve the search in the future but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Are I'am the only one who uses the "search-funktion"? I have only 240 items, it's very hard to find the right items-- only in Windows....

• Hi @GWeberhammer,

I'm sure you're not the only one but typically, you don't search all the time in 1Password for the same thing. We have a few features to help with that, such as favorites and/or folders.

If you are constantly searching for the same items, then you would be better off to use favorites and/or folders. Tags is also an option but it's not fully ready yet in Windows.

For an example, I have 10 sites that I always use daily, I've marked them as favorites. The next day, I'll open Chrome, unlock 1Password, and go to Favorites to select the site I want to log in with.

I also have a folder called Bills, I put all the related Logins in there. Once a month, I open the Bills folder to open each Login to do my thing for that site.

I don't have to search at all for these two common actions. I have a folder for work, shopping, etc.

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike,
    but I'am not satisfied with this kind of answers.
    First, favorites/folders are NOT search-funktions,
    2. I'am not searching all the time, Right! but when I need something, I need the search, so it's not a question of "how much seaching in total..".
    there is a reason, why google is very successful....
    3. You are explaining how you organize something, maybe because the lack of a powerful searchoption ;-)
    4. consistency in Software, also different plattforms (in my opinion) is very important (iOs vs Win10, iOS good; Win10 bad)
    5. if there is a technical reason, you should say that, this would be more authentic, I would not boder you anymore

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GWeberhammer: Absolutely! We don't want you to be satisfied if 1Password doesn't meet your needs; we want you to keep pushing us to make it better, just as you've been doing! :chuffed:

Just keep in mind that Mike's suggestions are there to help you now. We'll keep working to improve 1Password and specifically search, but big changes take time. So in the mean time we want to offer you an option you can use today. Offering you a solution that doesn't exist would be much less 'authentic'. :lol: l

We're not saying "this is how it is and how it always should be!" — quite the contrary. Especially in regards to consistency, it's a priority we're focused on across all platforms going forward. :sunglasses:

And finally, it's never a bother! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you want us to improve 1Password. Customer feedback is invaluable when it comes to prioritizing features as we develop the next version. Please don't stop 'bothering' us! ;)

• GWeberhammer
    GWeberhammer
    Community Member
    Options

Thx
    I assume, I have to wait... ;)
    btw: so far I recogniced, 'authentic' has a different definition ;) ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A little creative license there. Thanks for humouring me! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.