Using 1Password as a Launcher

(difference between Mac and Windows versions?)
I have been using 1Password for Mac for a few years now and just decided to replace RoboForm on my Windows PC with 1Password for Windows. I love 1Password and it works well under Windows with one exception.

On the Mac, I tend to keep 1Password open and unlocked and use it as a launcher. I can double-click a Login Title and 1Password will open the site and fill the login information, i.e. "Go and Fill Login". On the Windows PC I can double-click a Login Title and 1Password will open the site but does not automatically fill. At that point I can invoke the 1Password browser plug-in to compete the login, but that is an extra step.

Did I miss something in the 1Password for Windows Preferences?

Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Nope, that's just how 1Password for Windows currently works.

Please see Using a saved Login item in the Tutorials section of the user's guide:

The easiest way to use a saved Login item is through the “go & fill” feature 1Password adds to your browser.

Note that pressing Ctrl+\ in your browser may be even easier, depending on whether you prefer keyboard shortcuts or mouse clicks.

The "Double-clicking a listed Login" subheading directly addresses the usage model you mention.
  • pnjones
    pnjones
    Community Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks, sorry I missed the "Double-clicking a listed Login" subheading in the user guide.

I have used the "go & fill" feature but on the Mac have found it easier to work from the main 1Password window because all of the Vaults, Folders and Logins are visible and a little easier to navigate. Any chance this feature could be added in a future release of 1Password for Windows?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    You should be able to navigate folders in the 1Password extensions for Internet Explorer and Firefox:

2011-05-13_13-05-10.png

If you're using the 1Password extension for Chrome, just click the All Logins button, and start typing any portion of the Login's title or location:

2011-05-13_12-52-07.png

As for the differences between the Mac and Windows editions and whether they'll continue to look different, please see Why doesn't 1Password for Windows look like 1Password 3 on my Mac? in the FAQ section of the user's guide.
This discussion has been closed.