Standardize layout of Login items?

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, in both 1Password for Windows Desktop and 1Password for Mac, the username & password fields are shown as Username & Password for every login you create, and follow a standard format (URL at the top, followed by Username, followed by Password).

However, with the 1Password Modern app, the Username and Password fields are often called by their captured names:

With sometimes the Username field at the top, and sometimes the Password field at the top. I just wonder if the field names could be standardised, in later versions of the Windows 10 Modern app, to bring it into line with the Windows Desktop & Mac apps. Could this be implemented, or is there a reason why the fields are currently left as they are?

Thanks, Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Paul (@pbryanw), you're absolutely right: it'd be good to get these laid out predictably and consistently.

I don't pretend to know what barriers may have prevented it from being done yet, but I feel sure that's a direction we'll be heading as soon as we can mix it in with the other things we're working on already.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks again for the feedback. Please keep it coming!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@DBrown - Thanks for your quick reply & help again too! Good to know it's a feature that could be considered for future versions :+1:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely. Thanks again for your help!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Hi, sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've just updated to the latest 1Password 6 Beta, and noticed that there's now standardised layouts for 1Password items & logins :+1:

A big thanks, and my items look so much tidier now that everything follows the same template. (Also, off-topic, I see that TOTP passwords & editing have now been implemented for items that support it - another thanks :+1: )

I made a criticism, in another thread, that things weren't progressing fast enough from my perspective, but with the latest big, item viewer update, I can see the pieces coming together now

:chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've just updated to the latest 1Password 6 Beta, and noticed that there's now standardised layouts for 1Password items & logins :+1:
    A big thanks, and my items look so much tidier now that everything follows the same template. (Also, off-topic, I see that TOTP passwords & editing have now been implemented for items that support it - another thanks :+1: )

@pbryanw: Though it would be difficult to not notice a big, front-facing change like this, we definitely appreciate you calling it out and taking the time to let us know it's made a difference for you! :)

I made a criticism, in another thread, that things weren't progressing fast enough from my perspective, but with the latest big, item viewer update, I can see the pieces coming together now

Hey, that's great! I know the development team must be a bit relieved to have what they've been working on behind the scenes "out the door now". And while they still cannot rest, I'll be sure to send your kind words their way so that — perhaps along with more caffeine — they will feel inspired and rejuvenated as they sprint forward toward the next milestone. Thanks for coming with us on this journey! :chuffed:

ref: OPW6-39, OPW6-72

This discussion has been closed.