Mac and PC: separate licenses?

OlivierJD
OlivierJD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a Mac license for my MacBook Pro. Do I pay again for a license on my PC running Windows 10?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:mac and pc, kb:license-requirements, kb:business-license

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi, @OlivierJD!

If you're referring to 1Password 4 for Windows, available exclusively from our web site, yes—you do need a separate license. You can use your existing 1Password for Mac license in our online store to get a nice discount on the 1Password for Windows license. (See "License Terms" on our license page for details.)

If you're referring to the 1Password for Windows Modern beta app (the subject of this forum), not yet. :) Because the app is still in beta development, we haven't yet decided what the price will be once it's released. In the meantime, the beta app is freely available in the Store app on your Windows 10 device.

Thanks so much for using 1Password!

• Crawdad56
    Crawdad56
    Community Member

Some kind of universal license would be nice. Perhaps allowing up to a certain number of devices, similar to the Office 365 five computers AND mobile devices.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion, @Crawdad56, and for your interest in 1Password for Windows 10!

We may be constrained to some degree by what can be done in the Windows 10 Store. We have strategies for working within similar constraints in the Mac App Store and iTunes App Store, though, so I'm confident we'll find ways to make life easier for folks using 1Password on multiple devices and platforms.

This discussion has been closed.