Just a thank you for your excellent efforts.

tobiaspb
tobiaspb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi. I would just say thank you for your excellent efforts. I really like the new Modern version as it is shaping.

One question, I have set up sync with Dropbox, but after a reboot it seems like it needs to "sync" or something, the whole database again, It takes a while. Is this because of some limitation or something? Should I select folder instead of Dropbox?

But once again, thanks, you make my life easier :-)

1Password Version: 2016.1.1000
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for the kind words @tobiaspb :)

After reboot app tries to check with Dropbox (or OneDrive) to see if there are any changes since last download. And app looks at downloaded files from time to time. That could cause excessive progress spinning, we are looking to improve this.

Please keep feedback coming, it helps us a lot!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@tobiaspb, thank you for taking time to contact us! We appreciate your support.

As I understand it, it's the sheer number of files in the .agilekeychain folder that causes that "refresh" to take longer than we'd like. I believe the .opvault folder format does a bit better in that respect, but be assured we'll do all we can to improve it, as @SergeyTheAgile writes.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• tobiaspb
    tobiaspb
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Good info. I will try to convert to the .opvault folder format and will report if that is better.

• tobiaspb
    tobiaspb
    Community Member

Did it. It is really a huge difference when I use the .opvault format. It loads in a few seconds compared to 20-30 seconds in the old format.

• glad to hear that, .opvault is in fact more secure and better optimized for performance in many ways

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member

How do you convert to the opvault format?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

On what platform did you create the vault that you want to convert, @edgrsanchez?

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member

Mac

Originally created with the App Store version of 1Password

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In the 1Password for Mac preferences window, there's a Sync page, on which you can select a different sync format (.opvault or OP Vault) for each of your vaults.

Please let us know if you need additional details, @edgrsanchez, and let us know how it goes.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@DBrown - Sorry for being a bit lazy (I suppose I could google this) but what is the status of the opvault format on all 1Password platforms now? The newly released Mac version now supports it, Windows Desktop does too as does the Windows 10 App. I guess that leaves the Android app, which I hear is getting a refresh soon, so will Opvault compatibility be included in that?

I'm interested, as I'm just wondering if I can make the move fully across to an Opvault keychain? (I use 1Password on Mac, Windows 10 Desktop, iOS and Android).

EDIT: It's ok, I decided to google, and found your page on opvault compatibility:
    https://support.1password.com/switch-to-opvault/win.html

Looks like it's just Android I'm waiting on, before being able to make the full move across to opvault, using Dropbox syncing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Yes, as I understand it from folks familiar with 1Password for Android, @pbryanw, it does not yet create or open .opvault folders. (There's some question about Wi-Fi syncing of .opvault folders created on a Mac or PC, but that doesn't feel like the solution for you.)

This discussion has been closed.