Mixed OS Household - What to buy?

Michael_Thomas
Michael_Thomas
Community Member

I use a Windows PC and Laptop as my main computers. I travel with an iPad Air 2. My wife has a Windows Laptop. I have an Android Phone and she has an iPhone. My question is: Which licenses and how many, do I buy to support the whole household?
The device list again:
1 Windows desktop
2 Windows laptops
1 Android Phone
1 iPhone
1 iPad Air 2

My apologies if this is an old question but I'm anxious to get started and would like INFORMED advice. Thanks much.

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

Hi @Michael_Thomas, I'm not with AgileBits officially but I can probably help you with your question. 1Password is licensed per platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android). If you buy a license for one user for Mac and/or Windows in your household, the up to 5 additional users (6 total) may use the same license, each on as many computers as they use (new full versions may require an upgrade charge in the future, though AgileBits is usually generous with these). The least expensive way to get the Mac and Windows software is to purchase the bundle from the AgileBits.com store.

iOS and Android apps are both free, but Pro features require a paid upgrade one time per iTunes Store or Google Play Store account. Once installed and upgraded, all of the apps can sync with iCloud, Dropbox (useful if you want to share vaults with each other), or just use local vaults (though not as helpful if trying to sync between desktops/laptops and mobile).

You could also use 1Password for Teams which will have family pricing announced next month. All of the apps are included for free if you subscribe to a 1Password Teams account, for as long as you subscribe.

I'm sure the'll jump in with additional info if I've missed anything!

• Michael_Thomas
    Michael_Thomas
    Community Member

Hi @dszp, your explanation is just what I needed to know. I appreciate the help and I can act not on what I know. Thanks very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dszp: Awesome! Thanks! :chuffed:

@Michael_Thomas: I just wanted to add one thing: Get the 1Password for Windows license (which will cover your household) now while it's on sale! :p

But in all seriousness, we have a 30 day money back guarantee, so you really can't lose there. And then using the iOS and Android apps will give you a better sense of whether or not you want to do the in-app purchase for more advanced features. :sunglasses:

It sounds like you should be all set (you got some great advice there already!) but please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.