Can't open directly into secondary vault anymore since upgrading to v. 6

Options
Apee
Apee
Community Member

Since I've updated to version 6, 1Password does't allow me anymore to directly log into the secondary vault. I share my Mac with my wife who has her own vault, which she want continue to use without having to ask me for the master password. The way it worked until the update has been very comfortable to us... . Not anymore?
Is there any way to make it possible again?

Thanks for your help in advance... . Apee

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Apee,

One of the changes in 1Password 6 is the new All Vaults view. Because of this, our developers have made some upgrades to the underlying architecture of vaults. A side effect of these upgrades is that secondary vaults can no longer be unlocked directly.

We realize how frustrating this can be, and we are currently looking into a solution that restores the ability to unlock vaults separately, while still preserving the upgrades to the underlying security architecture. We don't have a timeline as to when this will be restored, but rest assured the demand for it has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for the patience in the meantime. :)

Regards,
    Kevin

• SecondMile
    SecondMile
    Community Member
    Options

We had to downgrade to version 5. I think the idea is to push everyone to 1Password for Teams but that is going to be $5/user/month. Nope.

• Hi @SecondMile ,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. I'm sorry that this issue has affected you, and I want to state that we absolutely plan to continue supporting and improving the standalone edition of 1Password and this was not an attempt divert customers to 1Password for Teams. The reason vaults are not able to be unlocked are exactly as stated, an side effect of improving the underlying architecture. We have received a lot of passionate feedback from our users regarding the ability to unlock individual vaults and are actively discussing this.

Thank you again for letting us know your thoughts on the matter. Please be assured your concerns are not going unnoticed! Our customers help shape the future of our products and we never want to disappoint them! If you have further concerns on this or other matters, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Apee
    Apee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your explanation. I like to hear you thinking about fix this issue. Anyway, I plan a downgrade to vers 5 to benefit again on individual vaults, until this ist fixed. Beside of this actual issue, I really appreciate 1password.
    Best wishes,

• farl
    farl
    Community Member
    Options

I don't like this update push neither. Is it possible to downgrade?

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @farl!

Sure, I can help you downgrade to 1Password 5.4.3, the last release before 1Password 6. Please note that this is best if you're syncing with Dropbox or over Wi-Fi, as iCloud sync was added to the AgileBits Store version of the app with 1Password 6 :)

1. Launch 1Password, click the 1Password menu, hold control, and click Quit 1Password and 1Password mini
    2. Move 1Password 6.app to the Trash and do not use an app cleaner.
    3. Empty the Trash.
    4. Download the last release of 1Password 5

Since this process doesn't delete any of your preferences, you should be able to double-click the .zip, get 1Password 5.4.3 installed, launch the app, and be on your way!

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Mavrick3321
    Mavrick3321
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the instructions Aleen - they worked great for me to downgrade to get that feature back too.

• MeMarkG
    MeMarkG
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Aleen, I was able to downgrade as well.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Aleen, you're very welcome! Glad to hear that was helpful for you, and sorry again that the change in version 6 caused a problem for your workflow.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.