Hi. I having been having lots of trouble lately with Password1 filling in log in info only halfway

Mac 10.9.5 - Password1 version 4.4.3. Mini is running in the background. I having been having lots of trouble lately with Password1 filling in log in info only halfway i.e. just the user name and not the password itself which I then have to copy and paste manually ( a big hassle) and often it won't even enter the user name either. This happens more on Firefox than Safari but both are stubborn and I'm getting really frustrated. Additionally, it seems to happen much more with the complicated passwords generated by Password1. Please help!!!!!

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:extension not working in Chrome, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:extension-troubleshooting-ensure-helper-running

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @hawkboyblue. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the trouble you've had with the extension. We've had some excitement recently since 1Password 6 was released for some folks who are still on 1Password 4.4.4 from the Safari extensions gallery. It's worth checking to make sure you're using the latest. In Safari, you can see your extensions and their versions at Safari > Preferences > Extensions. In Firefox, Tools > Add-ons. The current release is 4.5.3. If you're not on that version, please remove the extension you have, quit and relaunch your browser, and then download the latest from our website: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I see that you're using 1Password 4.4.3 on Mavericks. Is there something compelling you to stick with these versions such as a mission critical software that hasn't been updated for Yosemite? Generally, we recommend that users keep up with latest OS X and 1Password releases. Maybe this blog post about all the exciting things in 1Password 6 could help inspire you! :smile:

All that being said, I want to make sure I understand the problem you're seeing properly.

The first thing I need to understand is how you're invoking filling. Do you navigate to the page and then use the extension button or Command-\ to choose a login or are you clicking the URLs in 1Password to cause them to open in the browser? The way you invoke 1Password's form filling features has an effect on what code paths it travels to get the job done.

Also, does this happen on all your sites or just a few? If it's just some select sites, please share the URL (You can email them if you'd rather not post them publicly.) so we can take a look and see if there's something special about these sites.

Thanks again for your post. Please let us know about these things and we'll see what the next steps are from there. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• hawkboyblue
    hawkboyblue
    Community Member

Thanks Jamie. I updated the extension to 4.5.3 but it still doesn't work. I tried going to my booked URL (this one: https://online.citi.com/US/JSO/signon/DisplayUsernameSignon.do?ts=1453407527373&JFP_TOKEN=D72MX1DC) then clicking on the extension in Safari which correctly shows the choice I saved for this site but when I click on my save info it doesn't populate anything. It mostly doesn't work well with financial sites like this citibank. I just some others and it's working but this one has constant problems for me. Also, I have found time and again that Safari won't work but Firefox will but for some reason I hate Firefox. Maybe I need to get over it!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@hawkboyblue Thanks for the link. We have three automated tests for various Citi login forms but just to be sure something didn't change, I saved a new login by entering some fake details and choosing New Login from the gear menu in 1Password's extension window, refreshed the page, and filled the details in. It worked right away. I'm on 1Password extension 4.5.3 inside Safari 9.0.3 talking to 1Password 6.0.1.

If you continue to have trouble, it might be worth us taking a closer look via a diagnostics report. Let us know what you find and we'll decide how best to proceed.

Thanks!
    Jamie

• hawkboyblue
    hawkboyblue
    Community Member

Thanks will do!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

We'll wait to hear back and don't worry, we don't close threads. The forum software does but only if they've been dormant for a long time. We're always here though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.