Defect? Login item Note saved in 1PW Mac app overwritten /reverted by browser update to login

I had edited a note on a login item within the 1Password for Mac app. I had not saved this yet. I then was accessing the corresponding website for this login item, where I updated the password. Upon submitting the new password on the webpage, I was prompted by the browser 1PW extension to update this existing login item.

While that prompt was pending, I saved the note in the 1PW desktop application. Then, I chose to have the 1PW Safari extension update the login item. This did successfully update the password. However, it lost the changes I had made to the login item note and just saved.

This seems to be a bug in how the data is handled.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:note update overwritten by browser plugin

Comments

• chadseld
    edited January 2016

Hi kr_max,

I see what happened there, but I'm not sure there is going to be a simple fix. The detail view in edit mode was working on a copy of your item, the save login window was working on another copy. Saving the detail view did not update the copy in the save login window because it is already open -- it got its copy upon opening. So, it was a classic case of the last version saved overwriting the previous version.

I'll write this up as a bug in our system and discuss with the team how to approach the solution.
    Thanks!

ref: OPM-3706

This discussion has been closed.