Using TOTP

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

It would be great it you could show TOTPs better.

• If I use the 1Password Browser and click on the link for login the app starts the website and fill the user and pw. But on next step I need the TOTP. So if I have forgotten to copy the TOTP first (or the time is over) I have to close the window, copy the code and have to start again with the login process. => It would be great if 1P could fill the TOTP also. But I know thats not so easy => But maybe you could display this code somewhere without closing the browser window again?
  • Much more difficult is to use TOTP with the standard browser and the 1Password keyboard. For that I have to login into the keyboard to fill the id and password. After that I have to start 1Password, search for the right id and copy it again. => It would be great if 1Password keyboard could fill TOTPs also. But at last the 1Password keyboard should display the TOTP to copy it. It is user-unfriendly to switch always.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philipp. You bring up some great points and I absolutely agree that it would be great if 1Password could fill in TOTP using the 1Browser, or if you could fill in third-party browsers using the keyboard. In fact, we already have an open issue for this, and I'll add your vote. :)

ref: OPA-674

This discussion has been closed.