Do I need to purchase three separate programs for my Iphone and Ipad and my Macbook Pro laptop?

Options
leifthelucky
leifthelucky
Community Member

Also, will 1Password make use of passwords I already have assigned to programs? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do I need to purchase separate programs for my Iphone and Ipad and my Macbook Pro laptop?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@leifthelucky - Licenses for 1Password are sold separately by user and by platform. A licensed user can install the application on as many devices of the same platform as s/he uses, because the license is tied to the user, not the device it is installed on. You would therefore need two licenses, one for OS X for your Mac, and a second for iOS to cover your iPhone and iPad, which both use the same operating system. For iOS there is a slight wrinkle - if you purchase access to the advanced Pro features for iOS with the in-app purchase, you'll be covered for any iOS device that uses the same Apple ID as was used to buy the features. (And, although you didn't ask, your single user OS X license may be shared with up to five other family members living in the same household.)

As far as making use of passwords that you already have assigned to programs, I am not certain quite how to answer. For OS X, 1Password will fill credentials into web sites, but it cannot fill credentials into applications, except manually by copy and paste. With iOS, applications can be opened from 1Password only if the developer of the application has incorporated some special code to allow 1Password to communicate with it.

But you may be asking about having 1Password automatically save your existing credentials into the records 1Password maintains. There are ways to import your existing credentials into 1Password, but how to do that would depend on where and how they are currently stored. If that's what your are asking about, post back at tell us how you keep your passwords now.

• leifthelucky
    leifthelucky
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I now keep my passwords in roboform, and in apples keychain program.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@leifthelucky take a look at the converter mentioned at the start of this thread, You'll find it covers import from both of the utilities you use. It was created by a very active, and extremely helpful, forum moderator here and he'll help you with any import problems you have.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leifthelucky,

I hope the information from Hawkmoth and Stephen was helpful for you!

To add to the answer regarding licenses: 1Password for Mac is available from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store. We have information about the differences here: Should I buy 1Password from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store?

1Password for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. If you would like to unlock the optional Pro Features in 1Password for iOS, you can do so with an in-app purchase. That purchase would allow you to activate Pro Features in 1Password on all your iOS devices associated with your Apple ID.

We're always glad to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.