1Pw 3.5.9 glitches

pl_svn
pl_svn
Community Member
edited April 2011 in iOS
a) on launch, the last open record shows briefly before the "Enter Password" screen kicks in
B) why do some "Email account" type records have a "generic" icon? :-/ (checked: they actually are "Email account" too!)

EDIT: on an iPad2

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, pl_svn!

on launch, the last open record shows briefly before the "Enter Password" screen kicks in

This is currently a limitation of iOS which will only come into play when 1Password locks after a timeout while in the background. Since 1Password cannot execute code while backgrounded, it can only lock immediately after you switch back to it. The way iOS treats backgrounded apps when you resume them is that it displays the that visible screen when the app is resumed.

Please enable "Lock When Inactive" to work around this since this way 1Password can actually lock itself before it is backgrounded and avoid the issue altogether.

We may still have some tricks up our sleeves to work around this in other ways as well in the future. :-)

why do some "Email account" type records have a "generic" icon?

Thanks for pointing this out. I was able to quickly see the issue and reproduce it. This does not affect previously created items but new Email Account items will display with the Generic Account icon.

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • Fuzzbub
    edited May 2011
    For me, not only do "email accounts" created on the iphone or ipad apps have generic icons, but, when I sync to the desktop on my Mac (which admittedly is still running OS 10.5.8 ) through Dropbox, the desktop program properly receives that a new email account exists, but it has no icon associated with it at all and no data in the entry (i.e., the entry is there in the desktop program, but nothing is in it).

Every other kind of account syncs properly to the desktop program. Also, email accounts sync properly from the desktop to the iphone/ipad apps. And, most strangely, even email accounts created on an iphone/ipad sync properly between the iphone and the ipad. In other words, new email accounts created on one iOS device properly show up on the other iOS device (although still with a generic icon) through Dropbox syncing; the only way the data disappears is syncing from the iOS device to Mac desktop. Is this also something you've seen and been able to reproduce, or do you have any advice?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Fuzzbub. I am sorry for the trouble here.

It took me a moment to track this one down, but this has actually been fixed in the beta channel. If you are anxious for the fix, please check the box to "Include Beta versions" (Preferences > Updates) and then "Check Now."

Otherwise, it should be available in the next stable release. I don't have a time frame for it at the moment, but the good news is that it is already fixed in the code. :-)

Thanks for asking about this!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Just for fun:

You can verify that the information is actually there (just not displayed correctly) by pressing ⌘C with the item selected in 1Password for Mac. This will copy the JSON data for the item to the clipboard which you can then paste into TextEdit and see for yourself. Be aware that this contains all your sensitive data unencrypted, so be careful with it. :-)
This discussion has been closed.