Citibank login isn't working

ghegenbart
ghegenbart
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm trying to login to Citibank using 1Password but Citibank is saying the password is wrong when I try to automatically login. If I click the browser extension then copy and paste the password it works, so the password stored in 1Password is correct. The behavior is the same in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:ios/extension, ug:ios/enable-extension, ug:ios/create-new-login-safari, ug:ios/create-new-login-another-app, kb-search:citibank login doesn't work

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It may be worth searching the forums for Citi, there have been lots of problems with them.

Another possibility is that your password is longer than Citibank will accept. The behaviour you describe is what usually happens if the password you create is longer than the site will accept, very often the site does not throw up an error message when you do this, but you get this misbehaviour. Maybe try a shorter password.

• ghegenbart
    ghegenbart
    Community Member

The password is one I created, not one 1Password auto-generated. I've been using it for weeks, so it's good. I searched for Citibank, but not just Citi. I'll try that.

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member

The problem I have with Citi is the username field. My username shows up, but it almost acts like the grey "sample" text that shows up sometimes in login boxes. I always have to manually type my username.

Interestingly enough, I had the same problem when I used to use LastPass.

This must be related to an autofill issue.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

We have an upcoming change that improves login filling on Citibank. We have some specific code for Citi that was not recognizing citi.com as being equivalent to citibank.com. We hope to have this version released as part of our native apps' updates soon. For the meantime, see if you can locate a login page with citibank.com rather than citi.com and see if the filling behaves better for you. Please let us know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.