Bug in Identity auto-fill

nsretenovic
nsretenovic
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, I need help with identity auto-fill

I've created 2 of them and the bug happens with both. I am located in Serbia and here's the identity card

https://monosnap.com/file/aPeRynPUpu2EuFfznMFCQhJPtF8Hjc.png

however, when I try to auto-fill on let's say Amazon I get a totally different country - "Jersey"

https://monosnap.com/file/KaezfE0hjPhz7zngyLYkjJodkBgwjD.png

Same thing happens on Zavvi.com (UK shop)

https://monosnap.com/file/cPnjG1Yjl3Eo0AOnuP51g6BIEbTj83.png

Also on eBay too...

Basically, wherever I try auto-fill of identity, country is always set to "Jersey" instead of "Serbia"!

P.S. All other identity items (name, street, etc) are filled in correctly!

Can you help?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @nsretenovic! Thanks for letting us know about this. I will open a bug report against this and hopefully we can get it fixed soon. We'll need to make an adjustment to the way we match fields up with the page, so there's not much else to do just now. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you just now.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member

Thank you. If possible, do let me know if devs can reproduce it, at least I'll know I'm not the only one with this :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@nsretenovic Oh, I can absolutely reproduce it! I looked very briefly at the code to see if there was anything obvious that jumped out at me, but I didn't see anything right away. But, the bug report is open and we will hopefully have a fix for it soon.

ref: BRAIN-89

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member

Awesome, thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for reporting the issue and helping us make 1Password better :smile:

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Seeing the same; I'm in Connecticut, USA and it changes my country to Iran which then clears what was auto-filled in the address fields. This is on the Mac (10.11.3) using the current Firefox extension.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

@WJS Can you give us the URL where this is happening please? And also, as silly as it sounds, confirm the country selected in your identity in 1Password just to make sure something didn't get inadvertently twiddled to an incorrect value.

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

@jxpx777 Yep, I double checked all three identities I've created and tested all three for this bug; United States is correctly entered. All three select Iran for country from the Country drop-down list. Perhaps it's because United States is at the top of the drop-down?

This is one of the hotels I was booking with. This form seems to be widely used too. I booked several hotels and had this same issue on most of the sites. Just view and select a room and it will bring you to the reservation page. I click into the First Name field then select the identity I want to use from the Firefox 1Password add-on. It also misses the first email address field but completes the confirmation field.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=29574&start=availresults&arrive=01/25/2016&depart=01/26/2016&rooms=1&adult=1&child=0&promo=&group=&iata=

Thanks.

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Hey @jxpx777, just to vouch for @WJS, tried booking a room on that link, I get "Jersey" though and not Iran. That is consistent with me having Serbia set in identity and the bug I originally reported.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@nsretenovic @WJS I have absolutely reproduced the issues you're seeing. I've created a failing test case for it and will work at getting it to green soon. I'm sorry I don't have more to share with you but it will require some more in-depth investigating.

Thanks again for your reports!

• WJS
    WJS
    Community Member

Cool. Thanks for the support.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

and thank you for helping us pin down the issue :smile:

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member

With 6.1 out and still no fix on this issue, any ETA :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for keeping on top of this, @nsretenovic. Some other items have pushed their way up our development stack and we haven't been able to give this issue the attention it deserves. We'll get to it soon and update this thread when you can expect the fix.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@nsretenovic Just wanted to post an update here for you. I just looked into this and found the fix pretty easily. It's currently in review and should be in the next releases of 1Password for Mac, iOS, and Windows.

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member

Thanks @jxpx777 - glad it's an easy fix!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

and thank you for helping us improve 1Password @nsretenovic :smile:

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @nsretenovic. I wanted to let you know the beta of 1Password with the fix for filling identities with Serbia as the country is now available. You can see the release notes here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4#beta We would love if you give it a try and let us know if things work better for you now.

• nsretenovic
    nsretenovic
    Community Member

@jxpx777 - just tested it on 3 sites mentioned in initial post, looks like it's working!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation!

This discussion has been closed.