Santa Rosa Junior College non-standard field labels prevent 1password from logging in...

Santa Rosa Junior College's student portal login page uses non-standard labels (ID Number and Pin Code). I can't seem to figure out how to get 1password to fill in the login page.

https://portal.santarosa.edu/SRWeb/SR_Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/SRWeb/Portal.aspx

Is there a workaround?

1Password Version: 5.4 mac app store
Extension Version: 4.4.3 Safari
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:srjc

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bolaurent,

I tried creating a test Login item for that site by following the steps in our guide, How to manually save a Login and after reloading the page (to reset the fields) I attempted to fill. What I found was both fields filled for me.

So I wonder if you have so far been trying to create what I would call a basic Login item. My definition of a basic Login item is one created inside the main 1Password window. The reason I call it basic is it has no concept of the page it is trying to fill but it generally copes very well with traditional login pages where it's a text field for the username and a password field for the password. For more unusual login pages such as three or more fields or multiple password fields like this one we need the extension to tell 1Password about the page it needs to work with and that lets us fill more complex pages.

I don't think it should be a factor but just to let you know that we're up to version 4.5.2 of the 1Password Safari Extension and version 6.0.2 of 1Password for Mac and as you're running El Capitan your system definitely meets any requirements. The latest versions are also available to you if you're running 1Password 5 as 1Password 6 is free for all existing 1Password 4 and 5 users.

Let us know if a manually saved Login item makes any difference as if it didn't we'll want to continue working with you as to why :smile:

This discussion has been closed.