Mac and Windows using same 1Password vault?

Hugh_Jorgen
Hugh_Jorgen
Community Member

Using 1Password 4.6.0.583 on PC, really like the software and want to use it on my Mac. I have 1Password 6.0.1 (601003) on my Mac. I would like to use the same vault stored in Dropbox but cannot figure out how to join the two. Is this possible? If so, how do I do this please?

Please advise,
Thanks

Comments

• Hugh_Jorgen
    Hugh_Jorgen
    Community Member

One other tidbit of info, my vault in Dropbox for the PC is agilekeychain and the Mac is opvault.

• Hugh_Jorgen
    Hugh_Jorgen
    Community Member

One last thing, sorry,,, but I also want to be able to utilize the same vault using my iOS device. Is it possible for PC, Mac and iOS to share the same vault in Dropbox?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hugh_Jorgen,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It is most definitely possible for you to share the same vault across Mac, Window and iOS. I'd be happy to help you get sorted out here, but I'll need a few more details before we get started.

First of all, it sounds to me like when you set up 1Password on your Mac, you set a new Master Password and opened a new vault instead of selecting the data that already existed in Dropbox (with your PC.)

Is this the case?

If so, do you have any data currently stored in 1Password on your Mac? Once we know where your current data is, we'll be able to talk about how to get all of your devices using that data file.

• Hugh_Jorgen
    Hugh_Jorgen
    Community Member

@Megan, thanks for responding. I was able to figure this out on my own and all is good.

Thanks again.

Hugh Jorgen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Hugh ( @Hugh_Jorgen ),

I'm so glad to hear that you got things sorted out all on your own!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.