Now to Replace (not merge) iOS Primary Vault

Options
Nekoninda
Nekoninda
Community Member
edited January 2016 in iOS

Somehow, 1Password on my wife's iPhone stopped synching with Dropbox, which was how we set it up. I want to delete the current, out of date 1Password data used by the iPhone app, and replace it with the proper synched Dropbox data, which is in Dropbox on the iPhone. I've tried to do this, in several different ways, and each thing I have tried has eventually gotten me to a warning of vault mismatch, with the option to merge the vaults, or cancel. I don't want to merge, I want to discard the old data, and use ONLY the current Dropbox data as my Primary Vault going forward.

I think this should be an easy to find user option. When there is a problem, merging bad data with good data is something to avoid. With the current iOS app, is there a way to do this?

Since I couldn't find a way to do this, I deleted the 1Password app from the iPhone, and then reinstalled it. This worked, but it was slow and indirect. Is there a better way?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: iOS 9.2
_Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Nekoninda

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm glad to hear you found a solution, which is one of the ways to accomplish this. The other way is within 1Password to select Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password Data.

Thanks!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :) I'll pass the suggestion along to our development team for their consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.