Just wondering, if I am out of the country, and lose my computer and iphone, how to access my data?

jimicee
jimicee
Community Member

This has not happened, but it it does, are there options for getting at my data - I have my passport image and credit card info all in 1P and it would be extremely helpful to access the information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:lost phone , kb:lost-device

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jimicee - You might want to look at 1Password for Teams, which is currently in beta testing and free to use during that time. It has a provision for accessing your data through a web browser. When to goes into release, it will be sold on a subscription basis, rather than the one-time license fee currently used for the individual user version. Pricing has not been set on the Teams version.

Otherwise, there isn't a good way to access your data if all of your devices are out of reach.

• jimicee
    jimicee
    Community Member

OK - thanks for the feedback. This would be a good feature to add to the existing application. Be nice if you could securely access some critical parts of your data through a web browser, but I suppose it's the "securely" part that is the problem. JC

• Thanks for the feedback, JC. Most of the difficulty with that is that you have control of how your data is stored (most of the time this is a good thing -- not so good if you want web based access to it). It is very possible to have your data stored only on your devices. Even if that is not the case, iCloud does not offer any sort of a web interface to CloudKit data. Dropbox does offer a web interface, but does not allow web pages within your Dropbox account to reference other files in your Dropbox account. While the 1Password keychain may appear to be one large file it is actually a package comprised of many smaller files.

We used to have a feature called 1PasswordAnywhere that worked with Dropbox to enable web based access. Unfortunately it only worked with our older Agile Keychain

So with the present landscape the only practical way to do this is with 1Password for Teams, where your encrypted data is stored on servers we control, and can provide a web interface to.

I hope that helps explain.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.