How do I access my passwords if am working on a friends' computer while travelling?.

Options

I am succesfully using 1password on my own laptop and syncing via wifi to my phone.
but recently i needed to login to fb on a friends computer and didnt know my password. How can I do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I access my passwords if I am working on a friends' computer while travelling?

Comments

• Lifewalkers
    Lifewalkers
    Community Member
    Options

The easiest way i found was to open on the phone and copy across, but the complexity of the passwords makes it fiddly. Is there another way?

• Goldfinger
    Goldfinger
    Community Member
    Options

good question lifewalker.....

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

@Lifewalkers,

The absolute safest way is the way you already did it, use 1Password on your smartphone and manually type it in. If you're using the iOS device, we have support for large-type to make it easier to see it clearly, you can do a long press on the password to select Large Type.

As for why there isn't any other way at the moment and why we don't recommend using 1Password on any computer beside the ones you trust the most:

1. We do not store your data in the cloud, so you can't use a web browser to access it. This will change in the future as we're working on a cloud-based version of 1Password.
    2. Even more of a big security issue, you have no way of knowing that your friend's system is not compromised. At this point, I would recommend monitoring your Facebook account to make sure no one is accessing it. By installing or accessing 1Password on other systems, you are risking the complete data of your 1Password as well because you're also entering the master password that could be logged by the compromised system's key logger. Even with our upcoming Teams service, this won't be mitigated completely.

By isolating to only the Facebook password you're typing in from the smartphone, you're only risking one item instead of everything else.

This discussion has been closed.