Ability to fill pop-up windows

Options

Sometimes I get sites that say that the webpage is encrypted with a pop up window, so I can't even go to the webpage that I am trying to access until I enter the username and password in the pop up windows. It would be cool if 1password could fill into this pop up

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @burn123,

Can you give us an example of the site with the pop-up window? A pop-up window doesn't make the site secure, it can be done even without a pop-up.

It sounds like you are referring to the HTTP Auth dialog, this one:

Is that accurate? If yes, you can use 1Password's App Login feature instead. The dialog is not coming from the site but from the browser itself, which our extensions at the moment cannot interface with. By creating an App Login for the browser's HTTP Auth dialog, 1Password will use its Auto-Type feature to type in your data.

Note that if you are adding an App Login to an existing Login item, you need to make sure Enable Multiple URLs is enabled in your 1Password's File Menu > Preferences > Logins preferences.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

That is what I am referring to. I noticed that when I do add the App login, it takes significantly longer than other websites to fill the fields. Why is that?

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @burn123,

How much longer are we talking?

The 1Password extensions doesn't type or paste your data in. Instead, it modifies both the username and password fields' content on the fly, so it is very quick and very slightly a bit more secure since it doesn't use your keyboard nor the clipboard.

For App Logins, it has to rely on 1Password's Auto-Type feature, where 1Password tell Windows to activate the character keys manually. It basically does this: type the username, press tab, type password and then press enter key if auto-submit is turned on.

Basically, it's the same difference as if you were pasting in both username/password fields at the same time vs. you manually typing in the username first and then password and so on, the latter will be slower.

This discussion has been closed.