Tumblr Account, trouble! [Issue's with Tumblr, not with 1Password]

Options
Nismah
Nismah
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I can't log into my Tumblr account because of two-factorI can't log into my Tumblr account and I tries to resend an auth code via SMS and it took too long to get it. Please, help me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:tumblr-2fa

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @nismah,

I'm not sure how we can help here if Tumblr is taking too long to send you the 2FA code or are you saying 1Password is no longer showing the 2FA codes for you?

One thing that might help is that the computers may be out of sync with its time and date settings compared to the web site. Please make sure your time and date has been synced with a time server.

2FA is very sensitive to time, so it has to be very precise.

• Nismah
    Nismah
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know! I enabled to receive auth code via SMS in my account settings and yet nothing happened

• Hi @Nismah,

It may be that their servers is very busy with SMS. Did Tumblr give you a list of recovery codes to print out to get back in case 2FA breaks?

By the way, I've signed up for an account and I have not gotten any emails for several minutes.

I'd suggest getting in touch with their support team here: https://www.tumblr.com/support

• Nismah
    Nismah
    Community Member
    Options

They are no help, nothing says about "what would happen if you haven't received auth code via SMS"

• Hi @Nismah,

Unfortunately, we can't do much here because it is not in our control, it's all on Tumblr.

We do have 2FA support in 1Password but that's only if you choose 1Password as the authenticator and not SMS.

By the way, I still have not received any emails from Tumblr, I think they are having server issues.

• Nismah
    Nismah
    Community Member
    Options

If that is the case then will have no choice but to wait till their server is fixed. Thank you.

• You're welcome, please do update us if you got through.

This discussion has been closed.