Custom icons lost when copying to team vault

Options

I have a lot of items that have custom icons, especially the software licenses, of which there are quite a few, but also personal profiles of all employees, etc.

When I use "Share" to copy them to one of the new team vaults the icons aren't copied over. Strangely if I just copy one at a time it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I know its not a big issue and I haven't tested it extensively, but it might even be the case between non-team vaults. Still its something that should work. If I can edit the icon/image, then that should be synced and copied as well.

Thanks for fixing,

Armin.

1Password Version: 5.5.Beta-23
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• seltzdesign
    seltzdesign
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, even stranger is that for 2 of the items it shows the correct (custom) icon if I access the team vault online, but not in 1Password 5 Beta on the Mac!? Most of them still have the default icon and not the custom ones though.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @seltzdesign,

From our support article on Moving data from a personal vault to a Teams vault:

Custom icons will not be transferred over with copied items. However, they can be added anew to items in Team vaults.

I'm a big fan of custom icons myself, so I hope this helps. :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Should the custom icons be visible on the web GUI? I've added the Avios icon anew (as yours sucks unfortunately!) and it's only visible in the app, with the sucky one still showing on the web.

Aside - how can we encourage you to replace/update icons, or submit new ones? My personal technique is to use the company's twitter icon as my first port of call!

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Additional - you used to be able to drag an image into the icon placeholder under Item Edit mode, but it now appears to want to add the image as a document.

• Howdy @smallcheese,

Just saw you in another thread. Continuing here... :wink: Custom icons are not currently supported in the web interface. It's something we'll be adding in the future, but I don't have a timeline to share.

Aside - how can we encourage you to replace/update icons, or submit new ones? My personal technique is to use the company's twitter icon as my first port of call!

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to encourage your team members to change their item icons to custom ones, or do you need us to update some Rich Icons for specific websites?

Additional - you used to be able to drag an image into the icon placeholder under Item Edit mode, but it now appears to want to add the image as a document.

That's true, and it's new with the drag and drop interface we introduced with 1Password 6 for Mac. We'll be adding back the icon dropping functionality — don't worry. :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you want to encourage your team members to change their item icons to custom ones, or do you need us to update some Rich Icons for specific websites?

I mean some of the Rich icons you supply are not exactly "rich"! ;)

I'd like a mechanism for submitting these to you for official adoption, so that then the problem of the web gui not supporting custom icons is not so much of a problem.

• rob
    Options

@smallcheese I would absolutely LOVE that. Unfortunately that mechanism doesn't yet exist and we're focused on other things at the moment. But yes, we've talked about a "crowdsourcing" feature for icons before, and I think it would indeed improve a lot of the existing icons.

I can't promise anything, but I'd love to get something like that in place in the future. For now, feel free to send us icons for popular sites and we can do it manually.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Oh cool, how could I do that? It would probably take care of a decent number of the ones I have.

• rob
    rob
    edited January 2016
    Options

@smallcheese you can email them to us at support@agilebits.com. Just mention my name (Rob Yoder) in your email and I'll take a look. Please limit the icons to popular sites that would benefit many other users as well. I can't offer to manually upload icons for every user's every site. :) Icons should be 180 x 180 or bigger.

Thanks!

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Don't worry I won't send everything! I will send a few that I think should be taken care of though which are pretty big sites/companies which (IMO!) should have been sorted already. Exciting!!

• rob
    Options

Awesome, thanks! :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Err, I've sent a few over @rob, hope that's ok!

• rob
    Options

Thanks, @smallcheese!

This discussion has been closed.