I used LastPass for quite some time, but have been using 1Password since I got back into the OS X/iOS platforms. I logged into my LastPass account today to see if I was missing anything, but eventually went back to 1Password. I'll post some of my thoughts. Maybe some of these things can be implemented into 1Password in the future.
Here's why I stick with 1Password:
- Overall, I prefer 1Password because it's more than just a password manager. I can keep my marriage license, passports, SS cards, and other forms of ID. LastPass allows this, but it's not as pretty and requires using secure notes.
- I love categories in 1Password. This makes it easy to find website logins and prevents them from being mixed in with credit card info or secure notes.
- 1Password is beautiful on OS X and iOS. LastPass' interface reminds me of something from the 90s. It's also overly complicated and clunky feeling.
- It's nice knowing that my data rests on my own machine. I'm sure LastPass doesn't have access to passwords, but you really never know...
- And because data rests on my own machine, if something ever happened to 1Password, I could still access my vault. If LastPass went down, I wouldn't be able to access my vault (although I believe they do cache a local copy).
- Customer service is great.
Here are some things I wish 1Password would implement or do differently:
- Syncing with Google Drive and OneDrive
- There are certain websites that do not play nicely with password managers. LastPass allows you to manually save all form data. Even the worst website design could be autofilled with LastPass due to this feature.
- Autofill login option for websites would be something nice to implement. It would save having to click on the extension button.
- The Android and Windows apps could use some updating. It would be nice if they could be as up to date as the Apple apps.
Based on all of this information, I really can't see going back to LastPass.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided