Will no longer automatically go to site without hitting login button!

Options
jccjman
jccjman
Community Member

On most sites I put in username and password from 1Password and it automatically logged in. It no longer does that!! Now for example, I go through 1Password to Facebook and it puts in username and password but I have to manually hit the login button. Before it just automatically logged me in. What is the problem??

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS x 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jccjman,

I'm sorry to hear auto-submit isn't working for you!

This sounds like a known issue where, in certain cases, the auto-submit setting is disabled after updating to 1Password 6. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Fortunately the fix for that is easy: In the main 1Password app, go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, choose the Browser tab, and make sure the checkbox is enabled for "Automatically submit logins after filling".

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help with that. Thanks! :)

• jccjman
    jccjman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much Drew, it worked!

• Glad to hear it's working. If you have further questions, feel free to let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jccjman,

Ah this is a tricky problem, sorry that you are seeing this.

I just tested it out myself, and it appears to work. How exactly are you filling the password? I have a login with https://www.facebook.com as the website and it submitted successfully. What browser are you using? Do you have any other extensions running that might be causing issues (try disabling them and see if it works).

I do this by:
    1. Going to facebook.com
    2. Click on the 1Password extension button
    3. Click on the Facebook item that is presented in the mini

Results: it filles the site and goes to it.

This discussion has been closed.