Reviewing back up content

Ymo
Ymo
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

How can I review/browse an older back up file without restoring/compromising my current records?

I am tracking down 1 particular note or login which would have been there before being trashed more than 12 month ago. I don't want to restore to an older back up in order to preserve the integrity of my current database. I thought of creating a new vault and restore to that one; but would welcome your advise...

–Cheers

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.03
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:back up

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ymo,

Depending on your expertise level you can do a few things.

You have backup versions from 1Password or backup versions of your OPVault / AgileKeychain from your Dropbox version?

We don't have a per-item sort of Time Machine for your backups. But if you have a backup file of Agilekeychain/OPVault, you can create a new user on your computer and open those vaults in 1Password. This way you would not change your current 1Password setup. Beyond that you can just make sure to have a most recent backup or Agilekeychain/OPVault in a safe place as you load the old copy.

• Ymo
    Ymo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@nathanvf thank you!
    Making sure that I had a spare copy of latest back up made me more comfortable in restoring from an old one, and get what I needed; before restoring again. Good tip. I'm happy.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it @ymo

This discussion has been closed.