Android app crashes before being able to do anything useful on oneplus two

sjmarshy
sjmarshy
Community Member

Hi,

I love the OS X app, but I'm having some trouble with the Android app. I have two different OS X devices (work and home), and I would like to sync between them. I dislike the idea of using either dropbox or iCloud, and would prefer to do this through wifi sync using my phone.

I have installed 1password on my Android phone, and synced it with no problems. Yet when I attempt to view or edit a password, the app crashes with no message.

I have also attempted to sync the phone app with my second OS X device. Following the instructions found in the AgileBits knowledgebase, I hit an issue. The right number of entries exist in my second OS X vault, but they are all labeled as "untitled". They also have no information associated with them.

I have also attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the Android application, with no difference.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Hi @sjmarshy. First things first, Wi-Fi sync is supported between a single Mac or PC and one or more mobile devices. If you wish to avoid using Dropbox, I recommend using Folder sync between your two Macs, and then setting up Wi-Fi sync between the Android and one of the Macs.

It sounds like the problem here is that you configured sync with one Mac, but then had problems when syncing with the second, correct? If so, that would be due to the fact that 1Password on Android can be configured to sync with any single vault on any single computer, but it won't be able to sync with another computer.

Is your Android device rooted and are you using a custom ROM?

• sjmarshy
    sjmarshy
    Community Member

Thanks for the response @peri.

I didn't realise that wi-fi sync was only supported between a phone and a single computer - may I suggest that rather than crashing, it should show a useful error message? This would have helped me realise my problem much sooner. Could I also suggest reconsidering that restriction in the future? I would very much like to use my phone as the synchronising server, rather than having to rely on a 3rd party or set up another server myself to handle this. In the meantime, though, knowing this will help me figure something out.

There's still the matter of my app crashing when I attempt to look at or edit passwords on the device, I can't use the app for anything without it crashing with no message.

I'm using a OnePlus Two, which is preinstalled with Oxygen OS. I realise that this isn't a standard android installation, but I'd like 1password to be my everyday password manager!

Again, thanks for the response.

• Thanks for the update, @sjmarshy. I'll let the developers know that you're interested in Wi-Fi sync between more than one computer, but as I understand, there are some technical hurdles to this.

As to the crashing issue on your OnePlus Two, are you able to send a crash report at all? If not, does the app stay open long enough that you might be able to send a report? If so, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.