Cannot delete trash items. they just come right back.

Options
jranaudo
jranaudo
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

When I try and empty my trash is seems to go through the process but oddly repopulates the trash thus nothing is emptied. Here is a video of the issue.

AgileBits Update: Video link removed due to privacy concerns.

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:empty trash

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jranaudo,

I'm sorry you're running into such a strange problem when trying to empty the Trash in 1Password! Thank you for the video, it really helps to see the problem happen. (We removed the link to that video since it showed some details from your vault (like email addresses) that we weren't sure you wanted to be posted publicly.)

Now, I had trouble hearing your voice while watching the video, so I'm not sure what you said, but the video itself definitely shows the problem. The first thing I would suggest is to restart 1Password mini to see if that makes any difference. From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. You'll need to unlock it again, and once you do, try once more to empty the Trash. Does it work, or do you experience the same weird problem? If the items reappear again, please reboot your Mac and then try again. Is there any difference?

If that doesn't help at all, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• jranaudo
    jranaudo
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#KLP-12824-997]

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @jranaudo! We received your Diagnostics Reports, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: KLP-12824-997

This discussion has been closed.