Different search results in favorites and categories view

Options
holgr
holgr
Community Member

I was searching for a password in my Primary Vault and stumbled across some missing entries (that weren't missing as it should turn out later). Depending on which tab view I'm in (favorites or categories) I'm seeing different results. And no, it's not the difference between some items being starred. The categories search result was as expected, favorites was missing a couple of entries.

I'll see if I can clean up my screenshots, but after clearing the search box and trying again, the results were the same again.

1Password Version: 6.2.2 (622005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3 beta 2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Good morning @holgr, and thanks for the report. Obviously the expected behavior is that performing a search on both Favorites and Categories should return the exact same results.

Is it possible that the results you were expecting to see were in the process of being synced in from another computer or device?

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning @MrRooni! I thought about a sync as well, but all other devices were either closed (MacBook) or off (iPhone). I saw this on my iPad Pro. And there were no changes that I could think of.

But even if this would be the case, are the search results supposed to update when you switch between both views?

• @holgr Yes, the search results are absolutely supposed to update automatically as a sync is taking place. I was brainstorming scenarios where this problem could show itself.

It sounds like we've eliminated that as a source of the problem, though, so that's good.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Here are two screenshots of what I saw:

Favorites:

Categories:

Note the missing hits for the ssh keys up top.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @holgr,

thanks for adding the screenshots. Could you tell me a bit more about your setup? How many vaults do you have? Are the search results from different vaults? Do you have any 1Password for Teams accounts?

I am trying to reproduce what you are seeing and hope knowing your setup will help with that.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Winnie,

of course, happy to help! First off: unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce it here now. I saw this is on an iPad Pro (128 GB Wi-Fi + LTE) running the latest iOS 9.3 Beta (13E5191d).

On this device I have 1 primary vault and a Team account with 2 vaults. The results are from all vaults.

Let me know if you need any further details. I'll update to the most recent 1Password Beta now and keep a close eye on it.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@holgr thanks so much for the additional details. I will try to reproduce it with a similar setup and get back to you if I have more questions. It would be great if you could keep an eye on it and maybe even find a way to reproduce this. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.