No option for iCloud during setup on new Mac

jimryan1995
jimryan1995
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

Hi, I purchased 1password6 for my iMac through the AgileBits store. I also want to use it on my MacBook. I downloaded it via AgileBits and applied my license using your link. When I load the software on my MacBook, I do not get a choice for icloud when I click that my data is located somewhere else. Also, the "preferences" choice is greyed out on the 1password6 drop down menu. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you, Jim

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:why is "preferences" greyed out on the 1password 6 menu?

Comments

• Jacob
    edited February 2016

Hey @jimryan1995! Sorry about that. Let's see what happens if you reset them and reboot your Mac.

1. In 1Password, hold down control and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini from the 1Password menu.
    2. Open the Terminal application (in Utilities)
    3. Depending where you downloaded 1Password (AgileBits Store or Mac App Store) enter the following command and press enter

AgileBits Store: defaults delete com.agilebits.onepassword4
    Mac App Store: defaults delete com.agilebits.onepassword-osx

Now reboot your Mac.

Let us know if that gets things displaying less... strange. :)

• jimryan1995
    jimryan1995
    Community Member

Hi and thank you for helping. I tried your directions twice (thinking I may have messed it up the first time) and got the same result each time. Preferences is still "greyed out".

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimryan1995,

I'm sorry that didn't help! But the good news is that I think I know what's going on here. It's ok that Preferences is greyed out - that's normal because you haven't completed the setup of 1Password yet. The real problem is that you aren't seeing the iCloud option during the setup. That's actually a known issue - normally you should see iCloud listed there along with the other options. I apologize for the inconvenience! Our developers are working on correcting that, but in the meantime there's a simple workaround:

• Setup 1Password as a new user and choose the exact same master password you've been using on your other devices.
    • Once you have a new, empty vault, go to the menu for 1Password 6 > Preferences.
    • Select the Sync tab, then change the sync option from None to iCloud.
    • Follow any additional steps to sync your 1Password data from iCloud to your new Mac.

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble & confusion! Hopefully this helps you get set up, but if you run into more trouble with that or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• jimryan1995
    jimryan1995
    Community Member

Thank you, Drew. It worked like a charm!! Jim

• On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. Glad things are sorted out. :)

This discussion has been closed.