Freezes when moving Password item from Personal to Primary

smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member

Hey folks,

I just created a Password item to store my account key in via in my Personal Vault. As I didn't really want the keys to the car to be locked in the car, I then immediately used my iPhone to move the item to my Primary vault. The item appears to have moved ok, but this has caused the iPhone app to lock up for a long time.

Hitting the home button to exist worked fine, but when I looked a the fast app switcher the app wasn't locked up like usual. Doing this a second time seemed to fix it, though this might just have been a wait-it-out thing.

Unfortunately repeating the process didn't cause a repeat of the issue, but I guess it may be intermittent.

But! Trying to edit the Account Key object has hung the app again! It's also actually kind of hung up the phone for a few seconds, but recovered now. Interestingly, hitting the home button and going back in for a second time in this instance I was thrown back to the category list, which has resorted itself with Logins and Passwords at the bottom! (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/55457/wireless-routers-category-appears-2nd-in-list-in-all-vaults-mode#latest)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese,

thanks so much for reporting this in such a detailed way! We are currently working on fixing the freezing issue you experienced.

Can I ask you if you are syncing your Primary vault in any way? Do you use Dropbox by any chance?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Hi @Winnie, I am syncing a Primary vault and it is to Dropbox.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese,

thanks for getting back to me with that info. This confirms that your freezing issue is related to the other reports we saw - Dropbox sync is the common denominator here. We are working on it and hopefully will have it fixed in one of the coming betas.

Thanks again!

• denisdp
    denisdp
    Community Member

Hi,

Add my voice to this one, the app has been freezing when moving things between vaults. I do have dropbox sync activated on my 2 vaults.

• Thanks for the report, @denisdp. We've been working on the fix for this one and it is a little more complex than we originally thought. We'll get it fixed up, though.

This discussion has been closed.