Congratulations on the v6 release

zendnez
zendnez
Community Member

Very impressive that you were able to go from an initial beta to a polished release in just a couple of weeks. I expected the beta process to take months, so this was a great surprise.

Fingerprint unlocking works great on my Nexus 6p. It makes a huge difference. I know that up to b2 it didn't work for keyboard unlocking - I appreciate that you got it in for the final release.

Just a few thoughts to share with you guys:

• I would love to see a Windows update soon.
  • I've been playing with 1Password for Teams. There's a lot to love about it. If you can get the pricing right for families, and the Windows app is updated to support it, I can now imagine switching to it. I've come around to the idea that it could be a bigger win for me, personally, than OPVault support.

One small issue so far : when I went to set up my team account, I began by capturing the QR code from the web view. That worked great. I then went to enter my master password which happens to be in my regular-old synced vault. I tried to use the 1Password keyboard to enter it, but got an error message saying the 1Password keyboard can't be used from within the 1Password app.

I wonder if it's possible for you to not apply that constraint specifically when setting up team sites.

Anyhow, mostly wanted to say Congratulations and Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thank you so much for the wonderfully kind words, @zendnez! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Fingerprint Unlock :)

Regarding a Windows update, we have a few pokers in the fire there already. One of them is a brand new Windows 10 app that fits within Microsoft's new "Metro" design (man do I wish they never renamed it; I have no idea what to call it now so I am forced to use the old name!). If you have a Windows 10 device, I recommend you try it out:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGGZ0HT9

As for 1Password for Teams, we have some great plans for Families. I hope to be able to share it soon. We just need some more time to get things finalized, but I hope to send out this announcement soon. If you're not already, be sure to subscribe to our blog and newsletter to get hear the announcement.

Your idea of using 1Password to enter your 1Password Master Password is very meta :) I can see where you're coming from, and perhaps we should allow something like this some day, but for the most part, we want you typing your Master Password at least a few times a month so you don't ever forget it. It's actually happened to me once where I changed my Master Password on one of my accounts and had only typed it a few times. It took me a while and many guesses before I eventually remembered, but still it was quite the scare. I had backups but I would have lost a few items.

Thanks again for all your feedback.

BTW – I have the exact same phone as you and am absolutely loving it. I got mine early in the new year. What colour did you get? I went with the Frost and have been pretty happy with how it looks.

This discussion has been closed.