Pages don't load -- No JavaScript? :'(

Options

Hi team,

I signed up to Teams a few days ago, we got https://progressly.1password.com domain. I used it (invited a teammate too) after signing up but since yesterday, when I load the page it's all blank. When I check the source code, it says my JS is disabled but it's not. I tried Safari & Chrome. Both load other pages like Gmail without a problem.

Just checked the URL on my co-worker's laptop, and the result is the same: empty page. Feels like this is somehow a network problem. I've never experienced anything similar before tho.

Thanks for the help,
e

Source code:

1Password for Teams

<script src="/libjs/lodash-3.10.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/sjcl-1.0.4-ag5.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/qrcode-2015-09-24.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/qwest-1.5.12.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/react-0.14.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/react-dom-0.14.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/react-router-1.0.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/history-1.13.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/jsbn-combined-1.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/keymaster-1.6.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/moment-2.10.6.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/encoding-0.5.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/unorm-1.4.1.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/echo-1.7.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/libjs/pikaday-1.4.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        </head>

<body>
            <noscript>
                <div id="noscript-background"></div>
                <div id="modal">
                    <h1>No JavaScript? :'(</h1>
                    <p>It looks like your browser (or a browser extension) is blocking
                    JavaScript. 1Password for Teams requires JavaScript to function, so
                    you’ll need to allow JavaScript for at least this domain.</p>
                </div>
            </noscript>

<div id="b5app"></div>

<script src="/sAjz7dFxT1-ZnLaVhgK68L7aOSo.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
            <script src="/wT99rIDOELevuuVyVQBvKRDZ75A.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        </body>
        </html>

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2 (15C50)
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @erenemre,

I'm fairly sure that you have anticipated what I'm going to say next, but I have do say it anyway: Please double check that JavaScript is, indeed, enabled in your browser.

Note that some ad-blockers will disable JS. So if you are using an ad-blocker, check its configuration and whitelist your team's domain name for JavaScript.

OK, assuming that you have done that (again), then can you tell me if the network that you are connecting from is controlled by a IT department that is fond of filtering? That is, perhaps something on your local network is filtering out JS. (That would also require that they are hijacking TLS connections, but that's been known to happen in some environment.)

If it seems like I'm grasping at straws, well, if the metaphor fits I will wear it.

Anyway, do let me know about what I've asked here. If it turns out that those straws are useless, I'm sure I will be able to find some others to grasp at.

Cheers,
    -j

• erenemre
    erenemre
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jpgoldberg,

Thanks for the reply!

JS: It's not disabled (other websites with JS work fine). I do not have any ad-blockers as well. I tried opening the URL on two different browsers (+1 different computer).

IT department: Not really, it's just a basic WiFi.

Weird thing is, I did use 1P Teams on the day I signed up, without any problems (signing up, adding passwords, creating vaults, inviting members).

So, I signed up on Jan 5. I came back to the product on Jan 7 and did the actions I mentioned above. Did you change anything on the domain login page after this date?

Ps. https://start.1password.com/signin works fine.

• erenemre
    erenemre
    Community Member
    Options

Just signed up to a new account (https://test123.1password.com/signin) on the same browser and it WORKS.

https://progressly.1password.com/signin still doesn't work.

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    Options

I'm encountering the same issue in Firefox and Internet Explorer as the first poster in this thread. Both versions are the latest available (IE 11, that is, not Edge). Oddly enough, Chrome appears to render the page just fine. Firefox has the Ghostery plugin installed, so I immediately disabled that, but there was no change. And in IE, I tried adding the URL to my trusted sites, but that made no difference. I'm the IT systems admin, and I see no immediate evidence that either our a/v solution or our web filtering solution are blocking anything (though I did also whitelist it in our web filtering solution initially before finding it worked in Chrome). And revealing source in Firefox shows message that javascript is disabled.

• Are you able to recreate this problem now?

We currently have an issue where opening the website during the deployment might show a blank page. We try to deploy once a day. The deployment usually last about 5-10 minutes. We are changing the deployment process now and hope to eliminate this issue this week.

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the problem persists.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @b_black227 and @erenemre.

You don't have to worry about the JavaScript message in the source code. If your JS were disabled, that message would be showing on the page itself. Otherwise, it stays hidden.

@erenemre, unfortunately 1Password for Teams cannot work in Internet Explorer. But it should work just fine in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Edge.

Since you are both seeing a blank screen but you can view the source code, it doesn't sound like a network or TLS issue, but rather like there is some kind of error being thrown by the JavaScript. If you load the page in Chrome, then open your browser console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console), could you post what you see there? A screenshot would be fine.

Looking forward to hearing back so I can figure out what's going wrong!

• erenemre
    erenemre
    Community Member
    Options

@jpgoldberg, @roustem, @rob good news! the page is rendering correctly for me now! I changed nothing on my side.

@roustem, that could be it but I remember trying to visit the page in different times of the day.

@rob, my console is still giving an error (even though the page loads), attaching the screenshot.

• rob
    Options

@erenemre Glad to hear you're up and running again! Looks like that console error is from one of your Chrome extensions, so no worries there on our end. :)

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for the quick responses, 1Password team. Also, about 50% of the time when I try logging into Firefox or IE, I click the login button, it animates for a second, turns from blue to grey, then nothing else happens. Here's a screenshot of the console in Firefox. Connection was interrupted while loading...but what is interrupting it?

EDIT: I turned on .NET and CSS in console on Firefox and took another screenshot to show those results here:

And here's a screenshot of the page load in Chrome with console:

3.JPG 69.2K
    4.JPG 195.6K
    5.JPG 251.1K
  • roustem
    edited January 2016
    Options

Interesting... "too much recursion" error coming from React Router. Could it be related to this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32198502/too-much-recursion-when-updating-state-in-react

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting... "too much recursion" error coming from React Router.

So we are beginning to see how things may stack up ;-)

• rob
    Options

Ooh!!! I've seen only one or two other users report the "too much recursion" error, and I haven't been able to reproduce it myself yet. Thanks for the link, @roustem. I'll look into that.

• rob
    Options

Unfortunately, the error is happening within the router, not our code, so I'm no further along just yet.

@b_black227, if you can reproduce the issue, could you do that console screenshot one more time, this time with just JS and Logging turned on?

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, here's a couple screenshots. I also have a PDF output of full text of console output which just appears to have pages of router recursion lines.

• rob
    Options

@b_black227 Thank you so much. I'm not seeing what I was (kinda) hoping to see in the logs, so I'm still no further along. Since I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself, could you send me the PDF you mentioned? I'd like to look through the router logs and trace and see if I can figure anything out. Just send it to support@1password.com and mention my name, Rob Yoder, in the email if you would.

Thanks for your help!

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    Options

I know you all are feverishly working on all manner of other bugs and issues before this goes public, but I just wanted to check in and let you know I've still had no luck with Firefox browser on Windows 7. I've been using Chrome in the meantime.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, b_black227. Did you get a chance to forward that pdf to support@1password.com for @rob ?

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2016
    Options

@ssoroka yes he did. I haven't been able to figure anything out yet unfortunately. Will keep trying, though. Sorry, @b_black227! Thanks for letting us know the problem persists.

• b_black227
    b_black227
    Community Member
    Options

Beta 62.0 appears to have fixed this problem.

• Woo-hoo! Thank you for the update, @b_black227!

This will make @rob very happy, he worked hard to figure it out.

• rob
    Options

Awesome! I've been meaning to make my rounds asking everyone to try again and hadn't gotten back here yet. Thanks for the update, @b_black227!

This discussion has been closed.