Some questions, options and shortcut

Hi there,

I have the extension installed and wondering, that there is in the menue (right click) options to find, but if I click on it, it opens an empty tab. So what is this about?

Secondly I'm looking for a shortcut to open 1Password in Chrome. I'm on a german MBP, so it would be shift+alt+7 for the backslash and command. But this is not working for me.

Already deinstalled the extension and installed new, but no success..

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

brasax

Comments

• bswins
    edited May 2011
    Halo brasax. Willkommen auf den Foren!

Regarding your question about right-clicking, I noticed that too. If you type the search parameters, you should see the login or logins that are relevant. Do not hit enter. Click on the arrow of the login you wish to select. That's the best workaround I know of now for the latest stable release of the Chrome extension. However.....

This issue has been fixed in the latest Chrome extension BETA version. If you would like to try it, please see the following link: How to join the beta team. I've been using the BETA version with OS X 10.6.7, and I have not had any problems so far.

Regarding 1P Chrome shortcuts, since you are using a German MBP, there could be an issue regarding key mapping.

Following are recent posts discussing the issue:

Issue: Thanks for mentioning the shortcuts, too; they don't work on a German keyboard though (our backslash ist Option+Shift+7, adding Command (to get Command+\) has no effect).

Response: Consider changing the shortcut in 1Password (Preferences > Logins). Some users of non-US keyboards use # instead of \ which yields ⌘# for filling and ⌥⌘# for Go & Fill.

Follow Up Response: The shortcuts that Khad mentioned worked nicely, am very glad about them.

You can review the relevant part of the thread here: German keyboard issues (A big tip of the hat to Khad for coming up with that fix!)

I hope I've answered your questions, and that you will enjoy using 1P in the future.

Viel Glück!

Brandt

For others wanting to know about Chrome shortcuts, please see the following help article: Things to know about Google Chrome
  • Thanks for your response..

I changed the shortcut in 1Passwort itself some days ago, but it is not working at all.. So maybe I missed something out? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for your support!

brasax
  • brasax,

Thanks for responding. Will you tell me which shortcuts you now use? I want to be sure we are thinking about the same thing.

Danke.

Brandt
  • sure..

cmd + # (Tastenkürzel für Anwendung ausfüllen)
  • bswins
    edited May 2011
    brasax wrote:

sure..

cmd + # (Tastenkürzel für Anwendung ausfüllen)

Danke.

I forwarded this thread to one of AgileBits' Chrome experts asking for additional suggestions.

In the interim, I presume you are using the latest stable version. Would you be willing to try the BETA version? I know there have been several improvements made in the BETA, and I've not heard of any OS X issues while using it. I have not.

If you are willing to try it, please visit the link from my first post. I'd be interested to know if the new version corrects the Tastenkürzel für Anwendung ausfüllen issue.

Somehow, this will be corrected. Thank you for your patience.
  • brenty wrote:

Hey guys!

These keyboard shortcut issues can be a real pain to track down. If there are any conflicts with whatever you have it set to, often it will just fail. A good place to start is to check System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts for any system-wide shortcuts that might be conflicting, and of course whatever the active application is using as well (although there generally isn't a easy way to do this.) You may be able to find something that works just by experimenting.

Additionally, you can navigate within the Chrome 1Password extension window itself using the arrow keys, if you prefer that.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

Thanks for your input brenty.
  • brasax
    edited May 2011
    Hi again,

I've checked the shortcuts systemwide, no conflict.

Also installed the beta, but it is still not working.. That is a bit annoying, to be honest, as I have to click on the 1P button to open it..

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

brasax

BTW. again many thanks for your help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Have you tried a different keyboard shortcut? Try something really obscure (like ^⌥⇧⌘G or similar) just to be sure there is no conflict. Also, don't forget to restart Chrome after change the shortcut.

20110531-qi3s1d458a8khkabjim9dwyg43.png
  • I will try it in the evening..
  • so, changed to ctrl + cmd + #

and it worked.

changed back to cmd + #

and it is still working.. Weird..

Many thanks for your help!
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    brasax wrote:

so, changed to ctrl + cmd + #

and it worked.

changed back to cmd + #

and it is still working.. Weird..

Many thanks for your help!

You simply need something that isn't used anywhere else and afaik there's no way to find out other than try. I ended up using "alt + cmd + z". Works on all browsers including chromium.
  • yeah, but the weird thing is, it is now the same shortcut as I had before and it was definately not working. Restarted Chrome several times..

Anyway, now it is working. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update! We will keep an eye on this and see if anyone else reports similar trouble. In any event, I am glad it is working well for you now. :-D

Cheers,
  • okay. Next one:

chrome-extension://lbdlfaemmaoigbkccahckohodcfbbfhd/www.amazon.de.

Fehler 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): Die Datei oder das Verzeichnis konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Got this on Windows 7 Chrome as I wanted to open a website with 1Password..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

brasax
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Good question!

Be sure you have the full URL saved in the 1Password Login item. If you save Logins from within the browser (recommended) you will not have this problem. If you create a Login manually, you need to be sure to include the protocol in the URL field, so 1Password (and the Chrome extension) knows if the site is http:// or https:// for example. Without this it will attempt (based on relative URL parsing rules) to connect to the "folder" example.com inside the extension which obviously does not exist. :-)

20110602-caixdayrsyimat85xh65xnpju4.png

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.