Solution Blueprint and Architecture...

Options
ricardo_meira
ricardo_meira
Community Member

I'm an 1Password heavy user. I take security really seriously. I have some questions about 1PW Fam:

1) Can I still use my 1Password with my private vault? I don't want to share my info. I want to consolidate my family info. I'll have access to all info but other family members will access only their vault. Is it possible? Explain with detail, please.

2) How can you guarantee security of my family info saved in your cloud service?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @ricardo_meira,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

1Password Families uses the same platform-specific clients you are used to (e.x. 1Password for Mac). You'll be able to continue to use those products to manage local vaults (or ones synced to Dropbox/iCloud/via WiFi) as you always have, even after adding a Families subscription. In addition, when a Families account is created each user is given their own private vault that is not shared with anyone.

Not everything needs to be shared with the whole family. Personal vaults let everyone keep their own private passwords and documents, all managed under a single subscription.

Vaults that are created in Families can be shared with some, all, or none of your family members. It is entirely up to you.

1Password Families is built on the same platform as our 1Password for Teams service. We have a whitepaper available on the security of this service, here:

1Password for Teams whitepaper

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.