Not compatible with this…

dlfuller
dlfuller
Community Member

I just flashed my old Nexus 7 (2012) to CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 after enduring a nightmare of lousy performance on Android 5.1.1.

1Password 6.0.1 did not transfer after a save and restore of apps and settings between versions, so I headed to the Google Play Store (in my browser). And surprise, it is shown as installed but not compatible with this "No carrier Asus Nexus 7".

What happened? I have 1Password on several devices and this is a major concern.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Not compatible with this…

Comments

• After going through all of the trouble to update your Nexus device, I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced when trying to restore 1Password 6. The good news is that I believe this is related to an issue that we've already fixed in 1Password 6.1, which is currently in beta. If you would like to help us confirm that this does indeed fix the issue for you, I welcome you to join our beta team by signing up here.

To your question of what happened, the answer is simply that we were caught by an old and somewhat arcane limitation of Google Play. When an app requests the camera permission (such as we now do in order to support scanning QR codes to add your 1Password for Teams account), Google Play assumes that the app requires access to the camera in order to function properly. As a result, it refuses to install that app on devices the have a rear-facing camera unless the developer includes a special flag that indicates that camera support is optional. We were unfortunately unaware of the requirement for the special flag, but we have since added it in 1Password 6.1 and will be releasing that update shortly.

I hope that explanation helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.