1Password for Teams or Family naming issues

Options
MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Families

I just signed up for 1Password for Families, but I am shown that it is 1Password for Teams. I followed the link in the blog post, but everything I am reading within the webpage in the 1Password, says teams. Did I sign up through the wrong link, or is there going to be an update that changes the terminology, or will it all be 1Password for Teams?

Also, is there a way to change my master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @MattAttack.

Great questions. 1Password for Families is the same service as 1Password for Teams, but we're trying to simplify things to better suit a family's needs. One thing we haven't gotten right yet is the wording, as you've noticed. :) If you followed the link from the blog post, you should be fine, and I'm sorry for the confusion!

If you use 1Password for Mac, you can change your Master Password in the app there after you add your family account under the "Teams" tab of the preferences. Once your account is added, you'll see a "Change Password" button there. We'll be adding the ability to change your Master Password from your profile on the web soon.

• jsnod
    jsnod
    Community Member
    Options

I am wondering the same thing. I followed the link on the blog to create my Family account, but everything I see looks like I have a Teams account. Nothing in the Dashboard says Family. My welcome email says "Welcome to 1Password for Teams!" At first I thought it was because I was logged into my Teams account, but now I'm not sure. How can I tell the difference?

• Ben
    Options

This is a really fair point, @jsnod. We're going to be working hard in the coming weeks to make this more clear. Families is built on the same infrastructure as Teams, but it does not have the same feature set. We will need to make this more clear by correctly labeling appropriate parts of the UI to adequitely reflect "Families" vs "Teams."

Ben

• me_too
    me_too
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I kept thinking "did I just sign-up for the wrong service?". I didn't want to miss out on the early-bird goodies. I'm quite excited about this new AgileBits offering. I purchased my first 1Password license on 4/19/08.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @me_too, and welcome to our forum! That's awesome! I think I first started with 1Password about that time as well. :) We'll see what we can do to improve the wording in the app soon.

• LazarB
    LazarB
    Community Member
    Options

I had already signed up for Teams before Families was available (or ignorant of its existence), but intending Teams for my family. So should I just keep using Teams?

• Ben
    Options

For now, yes. In the near future we'll be offering an option to convert existing teams to families. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.