I opened One Password tonight and everything had been deleted from all the categories.

Options

I can still use the icon up near the top of safari and the websites and passwords are listed but when I open the icon on the desktop, all information there has been deleted.

1Password Version: 3.8.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:All the information from my One Password has been deleted

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snoozers48,

If you can still see your information on the browser extension, it means everything is there and safe, so no need to worry! It sounds to me like you might be looking at the wrong vault on the main 1Password app. On the top left corner, you should see the vault that your in, try clicking there and looking at "All Vaults" or some other vault and see if you can see your information there. I hope this information helps you! :chuffed:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snoozers48,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't seeing your data in the main 1Password app! Since you're using 1Password 3, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

As Pilar said, if you see your data in the browser extension, it's still there on your Mac somewhere. We just need to figure out why you aren't seeing it in the main app as well. Now, if you're using version 3, you won't actually see the vault switcher in the top left corner, because 1Password 3 didn't support multiple vaults. On the other hand, if you downloaded a newer version of 1Password on your Mac at some point, that version may not have found your data from version 3, so that might explain why it's not showing your data. One way or another, I'm sure we'll be able to figure out what's going on.

It will help if you can let us know the following:

• What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Safari?
    • When was the last time you remember seeing your data in the main 1Password app?
    • Is it possible you have multiple 1Password apps on your Mac? The first place to look would be in the Applications folder. If you have more than one 1Password app there, open each one and check the version number (and also if your data is shown).
    • Do you use 1Password on any other devices? If so, do you have your latest 1Password data on those devices?

Any other details you can give us about the problem might be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.