[BUG] Scrolling Issues

Options
MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member

1.) In Categories or any sub-Categories if you scroll to the bottom, there is a blank space where an item would be placed.

2.) When Scrolling on a large list to see the above issue, you will see the right hand scroll bar jumps from 75% of the app space, to 100% that is very noticble and not smooth like the rest of the app.

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MacAttack I think that the last item is missing was done so that you can still access its 3 dot menu on the right that would otherwise been overlabed by the fab button.

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@ntimo interesting. I can see now why that is there, but it feels like poor implementation. Maybe they should have the plus button drop away as you scroll and only appear when you slide up. I have seen this in a few apps.

Also on the main categories page there is no need for it as there is not a settings option available.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MattAttack it is needed. Because when you lets say want to create a Passport item and never had one before there is no such categorie on the categories page you could go into and then create an passport item by using the fab.

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

@ntimo I mean there is no need for the whitespace in the main categories at the bottom, not the need add button.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MattAttack oh, yes thats right. I think they might fix this in the next beta

• saad
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @MattAttack, @ntimo. I'll bring this up to the team. :)

• saad
    edited January 2016
    Options

When Scrolling on a large list to see the above issue, you will see the right hand scroll bar jumps from 75% of the app space, to 100% that is very noticble and not smooth like the rest of the app.

@MattAttack What version of Android are you using? Do you see a similar behaviour in Contacts app?

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@saad I can confirm this on my Nexus 6p in the contacts app I get kind of the same issue yes but its not that extreme.

Edit: Iam on the same version of Android as @MattAttack

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

@saad I am on 6.0.1 + January Security Update. The Contacts app does show a similar issue as @ntimo said.

• saad
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks! I am seeing the huge jump with the scroll bar too. I opened a bug report :)

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any thought on removing the space on the bottom of each list within the app?

The 'Categories' list doesn't have a settings option for the floating 'add' button over lap.

As well as instead of having a constant floating button, that when scrolling down it disappears, then you no longer need the big blank whitespace on the bottom of the scroll. This can be seen in the Google+ Android app.

• dteare
    edited February 2016
    Options

I never really noticed the white space at the bottom of the lists, but now that you pointed it out, I cannot un-see it! I guess misery loves company so you just had to share it with me, eh? :)

I would think we can happily live without it, but I didn't write the code, so I'll have to float it by the Android team and see what they think. I'll be on your side cheering for it to change ;)

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Misery does love company. The more miserable, the faster change can occur. :)

Also @dteare any thoughts on a Google drive syncing solution for all platforms?

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@MattAttack +1 on Google Drive syncing. Google Drive syncing, OpVault, and Multi-Vault (non-Teams) support are my #1 requests now that Agile Bits has knocked it out of the park with the search improvements in the latest beta.

• Ah, Google Drive. You know what? It's Family Day weekend and I'm pretty darn happy with 6.1 beta 2 at the moment, so I'm going to pretend I didn't see this :)

Ok ok ok. I can't unsee your questions and I can't ignore awesome customers like you, so I will say a few words here…

Google Drive is something we talk quite a bit about internally. We also talk a lot about OneDrive, SpiderOak, and a whole host of other sync options. Not a week goes by that we're not having a discussion about at least one sync service. They all have value, they really do. It would be amazing if 1Password could sync with All The Things.

But every additional sync service also comes with a cost. There's the initial "upfront" costs for design and development, which are quite significant on their own. Then there's a whole host on ongoing "maintenance" costs that are often over looked. Things like documentation and increased burden on our support team can easily outweigh the initial costs over the long run. Every additional sync service we have requires that my team become experts on it so they can help customers when things go awry. And let's face it, sync services are high up on the list of things that go "awry".

I feel we're at a pretty good point now as we cover the entire spectrum of syncing needs. On the one side, we have 1Password for Teams that provides the utmost simplicity and a completely hands-free sync experience. On the other side of the spectrum we have Wi-Fi Syncing for those who need a solution where no data ever leaves their local network. And in the middle we have iCloud and Dropbox.

It's a pretty good mix and covers the entire spectrum of needs, from ultimate simplicity to ultimate control. We certainly could expand on the number of options available in the middle, and perhaps someday we will, but at this point in time it's not something we're working on. We have too many exciting things planned that we need to finish before I can distract the team for months with something like Google Drive.

Sorry to be a downer on Family Day weekend, but I didn't want you to get your hopes up for 6.2 :)

Take care,

++dave;

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Actually that helps out quite a bit @dteare , I know the community has been screaming for Google Drive and it sounds like it is not something that will be coming anytime soon or later. It is unfortunate, but makes complete sense, the unknown is always the worst part in wiating. Hopefully one day, when 1Password 7 or 8 is released of Android, we can see something with Google Drive.

I currently only use Dropbox for two services, and both are moving towards a subscription based service, but 1Password has the single purchase option as well which seems to be staying around :). I think 1Password for Teams has some great potential, but waiting to see on price for a single person, or two as I am not really a huge team.

Thanks for the information, I always appreciate a peak behind the curtain, and vision is something that is hard to share with external clients. Happy Family Day to you and yours.

Best Regards
    Matt.

• Thank you, Matt. I'm always a bit afraid to open the curtain a bit and let everyone see inside as sometimes it ends up causing more pain than good. I'm glad you enjoyed this peak; it will make me braver to continue to open it when needed :)

By the way: what is the other service you use Dropbox for? Just curious…no need to reveal it if it would compromise your OPSEC ;)

++dave;

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

It is YNAB. Since they have deprecated version 4 for a subscription based model.

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Also @dteare, are they any plans to build out your own sync service instead of building an external one. Such as 1password that can sync with your servers like 1Password for Families, without the family part, for like $1 or 1.99/month that is OS agnostic?

• That's an interesting idea. We're focused on Families and Teams at the moment but I'll keep our options open going forward.

This discussion has been closed.