Autofill on firefox with version 4.5.3 of addon does not work reliably

Options

I'm having a lot of inconsistent issues with autofilling password/username fields where autofill will either just not work or hang for a while, or autofill the wrong field. For example, I just had to reset my password on the AgileBits support forum, and when I clicked the autofill from the 1Password password generator nothing happened. This has started in the past few weeks, I would say. I'm on Firefox 43.0.4.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.2 (602004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill on firefox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @t_stallmann,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble filling your login credentials! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

I'm having a lot of inconsistent issues with autofilling password/username fields where autofill will either just not work or hang for a while, or autofill the wrong field.

Just to be clear, 1Password doesn't actually have an "autofill" feature. In other words, it will only fill your data on a website when you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). Can you let us know the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?

Does this problem seem to be happening for all/most websites, or just one/some? If 1Password is having trouble filling your username & password on specific sites, there's a good chance you can solve that by following the steps here: How to fix username or password filling on a specific website

For example, I just had to reset my password on the AgileBits support forum, and when I clicked the autofill from the 1Password password generator nothing happened.

Were you using the password generator in 1Password mini / browser extension? If so, do you mean you clicked the 'Fill' button there? That may or may not be a different issue than the problem filling info from your Login items. When you tried to reset/change your forum password, were you trying to fill a new generated password into 'New Password' and 'Confirm Password' fields in the browser?

I'm on Firefox 43.0.4.

It looks like the latest stable version of Firefox is currently 44.0.2, is there a reason why you're using a slightly older version? 1Password works best with the latest stable versions of supported browsers, to it might help to update Firefox. It normally updates itself automatically, but since it doesn't seem to be doing that, you can go to Firefox > About Firefox and you should see an update option. (If not, go to http://getfirefox.com and download the latest version manually.)

It's possible the latest version of Firefox will help with the filling problems, but if not, please let us know about the other questions I asked, and we'll continue from there. Thanks in advance! :)

• t_stallmann
    t_stallmann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thanks for all the details. I should have been clearer, this is with the 1Password Browser Extension for Firefox, and what happens is sometimes I'm on a login screen that I frequently log in to (so I know that sometimes the 1Password extension recognizes the form and all), but when I click the relevant login in the 1Password extension dropdown menu, nothing happens. Sometimes just waiting a minute will fix it. I just updated to the latest firefox and the problem has not recurred, so that well may have fixed it, but we'll see!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @t_stallmann,

Keep us updated please. I haven't noticed any issues but if there is something we've missed we'd want to know!

This discussion has been closed.