Folders are missing from 1Password navigation bar.

MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member

I had setup folders and they worked great, I added an account for 1Password for Families, when switched to Primary Vault, folders would appear. I recently removed the 1P for Families and no I cannot get my folders to appear again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.0.2 OSX
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @MattAttack,

Thanks for writing in. In 1Password for Families and 1Password for Teams, vaults do not support Folders. The recommended way to organize items is by using Tags instead. We've got it on our todo list to automatically convert folders to tags for users when moving over to Families, but we haven't had the chance implemented that yet.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

@rickfillion I understand that folders are not supported with Teams/Families. The issue I am seeing is that I removed Families from my 1Password client, but my folders have not returned on my 1Password Primary vault, I see them on Android but not Mac, and will check Win10 when I get home. This is the issue that I am seeing.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @MattAttack,

We could be looking at a bug of some kind but we just want to confirm before proceeding. Are you viewing a single personal vault e.g. Primary or are you in All Vaults view? As Rick as covered, Folders aren't supported in 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families and the All Vaults view does take into account that it may be a combination of these vaults and personal ones stored locally. As such the All Vaults view also does not show the Folders heading in the Sidebar.

So it's the difference between this

(Primary vault selected)

with

(All Vaults view)

Does this explain what you're seeing at all?

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

Here is what I am seeing after removing my teams account.

As you can see I have no vault to select, and only my primary is showing as I do not have teams setup anymore.

Repro steps:
    Add teams account.
    Sync team account.
    Have all vaults selected
    Remove Teams account.
    No more folders, even when quitting the app, nothing appears.
    Folders still show on Android & Windows. On Mac particular items show they are attached to folders.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MattAttack,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Thank you so much for the screenshot & steps you take to cause this to happen! I followed your steps, and after removing my Teams account (leaving me with just one, regular, Primary vault), the Folders section was missing from the sidebar. So I was able to reproduce that part, but once I quit 1Password and reopened it, I could see the Folders section again.

It sounds like you already tried quitting & reopening 1Password, and that didn't help, but I wonder if it will help to also quit 1Password mini. Can you please try this:

• Open 1Password on your Mac.
    • While holding the control key on your keyboard, go to the 1Password menu and select "Quit 1Password and 1Password mini".

Now open 1Password again and unlock it - are the Folders there? If not, can you also try restarting your Mac to see if it makes a difference? Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

Closed the app and mini password didn't solve my issue, but after sometime the folders reappeared. Weird.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's really strange. It may have simply been a temporary sync anomaly. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any other odd behaviour!

This discussion has been closed.