File Attachment Critical Feature (deal breaker)

jlc
jlc
Community Member

I paid for 1Password on every platform you have available. So hundreds of dollars now. I have also purchased copies for families and friends. File attachments is a deal breaker feature and Android not having is absolutely unacceptable. So I will do the math for you. I know from experience as a programmer this is at best a 10 hours of programming feature. If your programmers are taking longer than 10 hours, I suggest you hire me to do the job and let these people go. So 10 hours and even if you pay as high as 100 dollars an hour, this feature is 1000 dollars of your money. I personally am responsible for 1000 dollars of revenue for your company. So there, it has been decided. Proceed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2016

Hi @jlc. First off, thanks for being such an awesome supporter of 1Password!

Currently, it's only possible to add attachments to 1Password on Mac and Windows. This feature is not supported on mobile platforms yet. It is something we've received requests for, though, and I'll certainly add your vote.

You can sync and view attachments on Android, so if you're using 1Password on Mac and/or PC, you should be able to attach files there and access them using 1Password on your Android device (if you're syncing using Dropbox).

That said, unfortunately it's not quite that simple to just add features. We definitely take user feedback into account, but what seems like the most important, "gotta have it" feature to you might not be so important to others who have their own ideas of what is absolutely necessary. We also have to prioritize new features in line with bug fixes and other important issues. I don't envy the developers for having to carry that load. We want to add all of the features, like yesterday, but it's not feasible given our resources.

We absolutely appreciate how important supporting adding attachments in 1Password for Android is to you, and I'll pass your feedback along to the team. In the meantime, I recommend adding those attachments using 1Password on Mac or Windows and syncing them over. :)
    ref: OPA-269

Let us know if you have any further questions or feedback!

• jlc
    jlc
    Community Member

I use owncloud not dropbox. So add owncloud to your list of support requests as well.

• jlc
    jlc
    Community Member

Oh owncloud is basically WebDAV if you want to be completely univseral.

• admdly
    admdly
    Community Member

@jlc not defending AgileBits here as they have been lacking in many areas - especially on mobile platforms - but considering the time it takes to code the feature as the time it will take overall to roll out isn't really fair. There's no way a company can be expected to roll a feature out without testing, both internally and as external betas.

• jlc
    jlc
    Community Member

Hire me and I will make it happen in less then an hour. This is why open source is so important. People can contribute and make it happen.

• Thank you for sharing your passion with us, jlc.

I want this feature as well so I suspect it will happen. We simply need time :)

Cheers!

–Dave Teare
    AgileBits Founder

• naar
    naar
    Community Member

Hello all,
    I am looking forward to attachment feature on ios

thank you

• Thanks, @naar! I'm adding your vote for adding attachments to 1Password on iOS. :)

• naar
    naar
    Community Member

@Peri,
    Thank you.

Regards,

• No problem!

• machado
    machado
    Community Member

I've just moved to 1password families. Sync is much faster than Dropbox. But, I've just realized that I can not see file attachments on Android. Bad. Really bad... Are there any ETA or alternative?

• Hi @machado. 1Password 6 for Android doesn't yet support documents in Families vaults. This is something we're hoping to add in the future, but I can't give an ETA at the moment. We hope it won't be too long, though!

This discussion has been closed.