Android & Teams/Families Questions

Options
MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member

Now that Families has been released and 6.1 is in RC. Are we going to see a push to complete these features, such as delete and change password. Another question is how the implementation is going to look in Android. Are you going to have a selection for Families separate from the Teams that is currently implemented?

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@MattAttack I think they will change it to something like Teams/Families

• mverde
    edited February 2016
    Options

We have to do a bit more work on 1Password for Android before I can say Teams and Families support is 100% complete. Some of these changes have already made their way into the 6.1 beta and some of them will be arriving in subsequent betas. Included in the latter are plans to reorganize the 1Password for Teams settings to implement the remove account and change password buttons. These bits are definitely coming :)

• To be honest I'm not sure how we should present Families and Teams within settings. I would hate to have a separate page for each, and I don't really like a qualified "1Password for Teams & Families" button in settings either.

Right now I'm leaning towards calling it Teams in settings and using the little blue flag everywhere (including Families) when discussing it in documentation and such. To help make this feel more natural, I've been using sentences like You can invite additional family members to your team by clicking the blue plus button within your Admin Console. It feels good saying this and works pretty well I think. After all, the best families are a good team :)

Anyway, time will tell. I'm still playing with the language and seeing what works best. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this :)

This discussion has been closed.