Import file: exact format?

I currently maintain a KeePass ver 2 (NOT KeepassX) password database under Windows on a PC and am moving to a Mac, where KeePass is clunky (since it has to run in an emulation mode under mono). So I bought 1Password for the Mac. But I cannot see how to import the database from KeePass.

the options I have for exporting from KeePass ver 2 are: KeePass CSV (1x); KeePass KDB (1x), KeePasss KDBX (2x), KeePass XML (2x), and a customizable HTML file.

NONE of those options is the ".txt" kind of export that help for 1Password says to use.

So: exactly what format does my exported file from KeePass need to be in so that 1Password can read it?

Note that, of course, I do use folders (one level deep) in KeePass. In particular, then, how do I handle that in the export file?

I'm willing to edit the file before attempting to import it into 1Password. But that's impossible unless I know exactly what format the data has be be in!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, murrayE! Thanks for using 1Password. :-)

Comma-separated value (CSV) files are plain text. The import should work well with a CSV file. It can be tricky to keep up with all the different versions of every application 1Password imports, so I apologize if there was any confusion.

One thing to keep in mind is that all items will be imported as either Logins or Secure Notes at this time. Please also take a look at our Importing Data into 1Password guide for additional information on importing CSV files if 1Password's KeePass importer does not work with the version of KeePass you are using.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.