Items in shared vaults are randomly moved to trash

Hi there,

Earlier this week we noticed that one of our new shared vault was completely empty and all items were in the trash (thankfully). Today we saw the same thing in one of our original shared vaults.

Only three team members are testing 1Password for Teams to see if it's a good alternative to our current LastPass workflow, and neither or us manually deleted any items.

Is there a way for you to check logs to see what is happening and how to avoid it in the future? As you can imagine, this is a bit unnerving especially since items can't be restored in bulk but have to be done one by one.

We're not all running the same version of 1Password for Mac. All team members are currently running the latest release version - 6.0.2 (602004).

Our team is: skyverge.1password.com

Thanks for your help!

Tamara

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @tamarazuk! Well I'm glad that got sorted out okay in the new shared vault, but I'm sorry it happened again in a different one. To prevent it from happening in the future, I'd recommend limiting the access of every team member except the administrators to not be able to move things to the Trash. This knowledge base article has details on vault access control that should help you out with that. You can limit things for now and take them off later on if you'd like, but since this is a repeating problem it's a good idea to do that until we figure out what's happening.

As for checking the logs to find out who is trashing things, it would be best to discuss this via email since this is a public forum and that's more private information. Could you send us a message at support@1password.com with a link to this thread? We can take a deeper look at things and help out via email. :) Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.