First of all, I love 1Password, so don't see this as harsh criticism. However, for me the Android version is almost impossible to use. I expected all (or most) of my issues to be resolved with the latest update, but alas... my main gripes have not been addressed.
I use the app several times a day... but it is almost crippling to use. Consider the steps I have to take - each and every time I need a login:
- Click 1PW logo on my Note 4.
- Painstakingly type long and secure password - ugh! WHY couldn't you have added fingerprint auth on Android L while most if not all competitors have already done so?
- Click logo to unlock. Ugh! Logo clicking no longer works. Find little button on keyboard to unlock. Get error for entering wrong password. Repeat step 2. And again... gah. Move to step 4.
- Check Favorites if the password I need is there. Nope! It's not. Search for "search" button. Ack! It's not there... click menu.
- Click Categories. Search for "search" button. Nothing there...
- Click Folders. Search for "search" button. Nothing there either! What folder did I store that particular password in? Don't remember... back to categories then.
- Click Categories again. Is it listed under Memberships or Passwords? Or was it Secure Notes? Nope, wait, it's a website, so naturally it's under Logins, the last place I looked. I guess I could have clicked "all Items" too, but I'm confused by now...
- FINALLY! A search button! Ok I found the item I wanted...
- Click Username. Click Copy. Back to website, paste.
- Back to 1Password. SWEAR WORD! It got locked by default! Repeat step 2 and 3 a few more times. Click Password. Click Copy. Back to website, paste. Hit enter. CURSES! 2 factor auth required. Back to step 1. Copy auth code. AT LAST... I'm in!! Yay!
Please, team, I beg you, please please PLEASE make this process easier... I know you're very very keen on security but... please don't make me type my password when there are alternatives. Please add a search button right there when you log in... I don't want to sift through several menu items.
Of course, I since I have added a PIN code and unticked "Lock on exit", set automatically lock and automatically clear clipboard to Never which I know compromises quite a few security concerns HOWEVER... at least once a day I'm STILL required to go through most of these steps to get to one of my passwords. I don't want to use the 1PW keyboard which I know would eliminate some of these steps...
As I said I love 1PW and this is not meant to be nasty, I want you guys to be the BEST around so I hope my suggestion is helpful
1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox